General Videogame Thread

Guarantee they'll turn it back on once people start buying the game

They have already said as much. Get nice big juicy Christmas sales numbers and then sneak back in the loot boxes once everyone gets bored of the story. There will be the odd thing pop up but no-one will care by then, and no one will be able to get a refund anyway. The only way to send the message properly is to not buy the game. Crying shame that it's still most likely going to break records because it's Star Wars.

They have already said as much. The only way to send the message properly is to not buy the game. Crying shame that it's still most likely going to break records because it's Star Wars.

It's got average reviews because of the payment system. Now that's on hold it might be worth it. I say might because having played the beta it still didn't feel like a decent game for the price.

Guarantee they'll turn it back on once people start buying the game

Well this is taken from Reddit so you may be right.

I'm a Producer at a AAA Studio(I'm more than happy to provide proof to subreddit mods)

This is pretty clear what they're doing to anyone who works in the industry. They want to maximize their initial sales numbers to show to investors. Once the trade off is worth it(Probably 1-2 months in), they will enable the gamble boxes again because:

1. Everyone who was on the fence will have bought the game by now

2. You can't refund the game at this point

3. The news will have died down, and if new articles do come out, it won't be as relevant

4. They will already have good numbers to show investors
EA is going to royally fuck over the average gamer who doesn't have a clue how the industry works on this. This is about as deceptive as it gets. I hope that clarifies things

They have already said as much. Get nice big juicy Christmas sales numbers and then sneak back in the loot boxes once everyone gets bored of the story. There will be the odd thing pop up but no-one will care by then, and no one will be able to get a refund anyway. The only way to send the message properly is to not buy the game. Crying shame that it's still most likely going to break records because it's Star Wars.

It's a shame, I won't be buying it but the masses will and that's what counts to EA

Well this is taken from Reddit so you may be right.

I'm a Producer at a AAA Studio(I'm more than happy to provide proof to subreddit mods)

This is pretty clear what they're doing to anyone who works in the industry. They want to maximize their initial sales numbers to show to investors. Once the trade off is worth it(Probably 1-2 months in), they will enable the gamble boxes again because:

1. Everyone who was on the fence will have bought the game by now

2. You can't refund the game at this point

3. The news will have died down, and if new articles do come out, it won't be as relevant

4. They will already have good numbers to show investors
EA is going to royally fuck over the average gamer who doesn't have a clue how the industry works on this. This is about as deceptive as it gets. I hope that clarifies things

He's bang on, it's blindingly obvious what they're going to do

Up the windows to 10, more optimisation. add another 8gb of ram. Your processor should run it.
I don't play many PC only titles, so I've been getting along with 8GB fine for the occasional game, I think it's helpful to the PC side how similar the Console hardware is these days.

Having said that though I just had a quick look if there were any DDR3(2x 4GB - preferably G-Skill for compatibility sake) deals around. I'm a bit surprised even the best prices seem to be around £80 but I don't remember paying that much for the pair I got originally. Does anyone know if prices have risen much in the last few years or am I just remembering it wrong?

I suppose black Friday is coming up, it might be worth keeping an eye out but I think I will stick with what I have if there's no bargains.

Last edited:
I hope EA crash and burn one day.... the money they make on FIFA alone though shows that it'll never happen. As long as they target the casual gamers they'll keep making a ridiculous amount of cash!

I hope EA crash and burn one day.... the money they make on FIFA alone though shows that it'll never happen. As long as they target the casual gamers they'll keep making a ridiculous amount of cash!
I think the whole industry is aiming for the casual gamers, they have not looked after those who supported the industry from the early days and basically stuck with gaming when the masses weren’t interested in games/consoles.

I don't play many PC only titles, so I've been getting along with 8GB fine for the occasional game, I think it's helpful to the PC side how similar the Console hardware is these days.

Having said that though I just had a quick look if there were any DDR3(2x 4GB - preferably G-Skill for compatibility sake) deals around. I'm a bit surprised even the best prices seem to be around £80 but I don't remember paying that much for the pair I got originally. Does anyone know if prices have risen much in the last few years or am I just remembering it wrong?

I suppose black Friday is coming up, it might be worth keeping an eye out but I think I will stick with what I have if there's no bargains.

That's why I held back initially on the ram.
Been on the rise for the last year and seems to have impacted ddr4 more.

I need one stick of ddr3 so I am also holding back until Black Friday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.