Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it was a racist inspired attack or not.
He was however incorrect claiming that oil money is used to buy players which shows his ignorance in business matters.
It is because of people like Sugar that Spurs have underachieved for more than 50 years. Just like the current owners who are only interested in fleecing their own fans and filling their own pockets. Spurs have been one of England's richest clubs throughout their history. Their current owners are much wealthier than the Glazers for example. It is a myth that it is a well-run club (just like Everton under Kenwright) The comments made about City are undoubtedly part of a racist narrative.
I certainly felt there was an element of racism in the way he spoke. He came across as a very bitter man, with a proper dislike of Arab oil money.

I certainly felt there was an element of racism in the way he spoke. He came across as a very bitter man, with a proper dislike of Arab oil money.
I agree and sadly this sort of underlying racist attitude is prevalent in mainstream media. These sort of views always need challenging. Why is it that it's only our owners who are targeted in this way when most Premier League clubs (and also Championship) are foreign-owned. It's not just about money is it? It needs calling out for what it is.

Another very positive article in The Telegraph, from Jamie Carragher this time. We're getting plenty of (deserved) praise in the media at the moment:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...iola-eight-things-spaniard-has-done-make-man/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-guardiola-peak-powers-should-appreciate/amp/
On the whole, good articles.
But when we lost at Leicester, the whole world was saying, why aren't we winning tackles, second balls.
"Are you practising tackling, pep"
I don't remember carragher sticking up for Pep before, during or after that game
Both articles say bravo was poor if pressed, that was never his problem.
It reads as if both articles are written by the same person and it's not carragher.

Funny isn't it. That any ex-player/current player is singing our praises whilst "journalists" continue to prove they know Fuck all about anything

Funny isn't it. That any ex-player/current player is singing our praises whilst "journalists" continue to prove they know Fuck all about anything

Most of those players were certainly not as complementary last season. I know we weren't as good, but they were all trotting out
the Pep can't do this/that in this League mantra. Bandwagon jumpers. Fuck 'em.

Where were them, when we were shit ;-)

Most of those players were certainly not as complementary last season. I know we weren't as good, but they were all trotting out
the Pep can't do this/that in this League mantra. Bandwagon jumpers. Fuck 'em.

Where were them, when we were shit ;-)

Ex players, particularly those who experienced winning when they played, are set in their ways as to what constitutes particularly defending so our novel tactics including playing our way out of defence was not received well by them.
They won their trophies differently so think their way is the only way.

Then this season we get it together and they come on our side, I think its as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.