Derby day ticket criteria

Here's one for you all.

If City and United agreed to offer each other 6000 away tickets for the Manchester derby, we had the top tier of the K stand, and United got the top tier of the SS, would you be happy with that? Obviously both sets of home fans in those stands would have to be given other seats in other parts of the stadium.

I stand corrected, but don't Celtic get 1 end of Ibrox, while Rangers get a larger away allocation at Park Head?
No, I'd have to move from a great seat.

Oh and....

The fewer rags in the Etihad the better for me. None would be perfection.

Here's one for you all.

If City and United agreed to offer each other 6000 away tickets for the Manchester derby, we had the top tier of the K stand, and United got the top tier of the SS, would you be happy with that? Obviously both sets of home fans in those stands would have to be given other seats in other parts of the stadium.

I stand corrected, but don't Celtic get 1 end of Ibrox, while Rangers get a larger away allocation at Park Head?

So what happens to the season ticket holders (of both clubs) who get told their seat is required for away fans ... just for the 1 game... which just happens to be the biggest game of the season

As already posted, they would have to be relocated to other seats.

That aside, it's just one idea, flawed or not, as people are constantly complaining about there not being enough away tickets, especially at places like United. Unfortunately the only way to rectify this is by offering more away tickets, which obviously means less seats for home fans. Bar expanding stadiums further, or changing the current away allocation rule, away allocations will never increase, so the same Saga lot, me included, will keep on going to away matches until we're too old to travel. And only then will my away ticket and Saga away ticket's become available. As I've only just turned 50, I don't plan on giving up my away ticket just yet. But even I'm starting to struggle for an away ticket when it comes to the big games.

Last edited:
Just been offered 6 tickets buy a swedish united fan for 200 quid each in the city end, he's sent me pictures of the tickets so deffo has them. I've asked city how he has got the tickets and waiting for a reply.

Just been offered 6 tickets buy a swedish united fan for 200 quid each in the city end, he's sent me pictures of the tickets so deffo has them. I've asked city how he has got the tickets and waiting for a reply.

If you get no where, post a picture of the raggy on here. Make his attendance impossible.

Send the picture to the club & threaten to forward it to the fa/Prem league/press.

Never been to a Derby at the Swamp but have a chance of a ticket (work thing) Whats the view like from our end? I've been before for an England game but was in the middle lower tier so had a decent view. I take it though we'll be shoved into a small corner.

People are having a go ( or want the rules changed) at fans who amassed points for simply going to away games and supporting their club.
When the biggest culprit is the Club itself who dishes out tickets willy nilly to corporates ( I'm talking Box/Tunnel Club in the main) with no check where they go to.
City in the City where any Tom, Dick or Harry who can't even name a City player and wears his half and half can get a ticket if he has the money.
We know tickets are going to certain agencies who are selling these at inflated prices.
These are not individual tickets, where do they come from ?
It would be easy if the Club wanted to, to buy one ticket from one of these parasite agencies and trace the seller.
Why will they not do that ?
Would they ban a company/person in a Corporate Box who get's 6 tickets for say Barcelona away and pass them on to an agency, not a chance.
Would they ban you or me for passing a ticket on a friend for Barcelona away, dead right they would.
The ticket system is rotten but it starts at the top.
Totally agree with you wilmslow
C.T.I.D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.