Leicester (A) Post Match Thread

Nothing to do with it being early. It wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity, so only a yellow. Think Stones was covering too.
Vardy hadn't broken clear, irrespective of what commentators and pundits say.
I don’t think it can be a goal scoring opportunity 49 yards out with stones coming across

He isn't the long term answer and we all know that but those are just lazy, throw away statements IMO. I suspect he made no more poor decisions than anyone else today.

He made a needless diving tackle that led to Leicester goal opportunity. He also gave away possession on a couple of plays by trying to make a difficult pass that wouldn't have given us any advantage anyway. And that's just on the top of my head.

He needs to be replaced. He's "a mistake leading to a goal" waiting to happen.

It's a bit desperate to be slagging off a defender when the opposition hasn't managed to create a single chance in the entire game in open play. Considering it was two unfit CB's playing their first premier league game in ages, against a team who ran us ragged last year, I'll take that tbh.

Two CB's who have previously managed to keep a few clean sheets together - five in a row at one point.

He made a needless diving tackle that led to Leicester goal opportunity. He also gave away possession on a couple of plays by trying to make a difficult pass that wouldn't have given us any advantage anyway. And that's just on the top of my head.

He needs to be replaced. He's "a mistake leading to a goal" waiting to happen.
I think you’ll find sane was a little more guilty of losing ball in possession and so give them a break away. However Let’s get mangala, he’s the chosen one for the moaners

Mangala was excellent, his covering and positioning beyond a person who had not played in the premier league this season.
It was a hot to be there a witness a footballing masterclass. Make no mistake everyone was brilliant.

Nervous nelliies , breathe through your noses.
Mangala did play well. Played sensibly and displayed a good passing range. For a first game it was impressive.

Think it's some have decided that Mangala is crap. Therefore he must have a crap game, no matter what.
Exactly! Considering the game time he has under his belt this season, the crap he gets from ALL quarters, and the game he came into (rabbits upfront and Kompany back after months out and already not able to make that last ditch challenge), I thought he played VERY WELL!

TBH, I don’t think we missed Stones, and it is clear that if Vinny does through this game well, Vinny and Ota picks itself for the big games. However, I would have no qualms playing Mangala, even if he has a mistake in him. So does Walker, so does Vinny, so does Ota, so do all the players, but it is a team game where players cover for each other, help each o5er and bring along the players who haven’t got a lot of time under their belt.

Sadly very true. Pep has just been on the wireless - yes I am old - and said Stones is out 4-6 weeks so we may need Mangala and calling him for the sake of it when he played his part in our first clean sheet for a couple of matches is plain daft.

I can only imagine what the haters were thinking when our fans were chanting his name

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.