Leicester (A) Post Match Thread

Another excellent day at the office. Not a single shot on goal, 75% possession, complete control of the game with the possible exception of literally 3 minutes when we broke and scored the second. From there, the game seemed to be over, as Leicester we’re all hustle and bustle to zero effect.

Thought Walker and Delph were unsung heroes, playing an excellent supporting role and consistent outlet to counter the Leicester high press. Silva was ridiculous and if he could have put away a few (like he does for Spain!), it would have been a 10/10 performance. KDB was his usual imperious self and was a persistent outlet for Fernandinho. They have developed a fantastic relationship in the middle of the park and provide a brilliant relief valve to pressure by always giving the other an angle.

Had Sané been on his game today, he had the opportunity to end the game in the first half. Unfortunately, we only saw flashes of brilliance, but he could have been MOTM with a little better delivery. Always a threat and terrorized their right back all game.

Sterling had a fantastic game, but (dare I say it) he needed to be a bit greedy at times, rather than pulling it back into the melee in the middle. Their was one where he could have dinked Schmeichel at the near post but, IMHO, made the wrong choice when a goal was beckoning. Beyond that, excellent run out, worked really hard and he is maturing very well into a Pep player.

I could go on, but why bother. Excellent all around team performance in a game where a Kompany yellow in the 3rd minute and an early hamstring for Stones (Southgate, you tucking fwat!) WOULD have created panic in last season’s City team. This year, they just KNOW they are better than the opposition players and simply play football AROUND AND THROUGH them.

Very very satisfied with the game today, save the injury to Stones, and to make matters even better at this moment, Newcastle are 1 up at the Swamp!! 60 more minutes of this and we will be 9 pts clear at the top, 10 pts if you include GD!!!

Mangala - Still making a lot of poor decisions. Hopefully Stones gets back ASAP.
Kompany - Definitely showing signs of unfitness but far better than Mangala.
Delph - Very good performance. Abused Mahrez for fun.
De Bruyne - Got a goal but a bit of drop from his godly form from earlier games.
Silva - Ran our attack today. Aggressive and always looking to get involved in a goal.
Sterling - Trying too hard to get back to scoring goals. Needs to focus back on providing width and pace.
Sane - Led a lot of attacks. Very good performance.
Ederson - Came out a lot so we won't have to pay for Mangala getting caught out of position. He's the man of the match for me.
Walker - Made a lot of good defensive plays but can't remember him getting involved in attack.
Fernandinho - Solid performance.
Gabriel Jesus - Got a goal. A quiet performance but no less impressive.
This has to be one of the most biased ratings I've ever read. :(

Its easy to tell which players you don't rate.

didn't realise Leicester had 2 shots all game, none on target and only 1 corner with 25% possession. Phenomenal shut-out.

They'll still get more attacking highlights than us on MOTD though :p

This has to be one of the most biased ratings I've ever read. :(

Its easy to tell which players you don't rate.

yeah, how you can have a downer on Raz today when he was brilliant and played a stunning little ball for the first goal that Dave and Kev would be proud of, whilst Sane had 7/8 chances to pick a man out in the first half alone and wasted all but one. I think it shows they're both raw but you'd never have expected Raz to produce a ball like that today, something everyone has continually said isn't in his game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.