- West Ham H
- Shakhtar A (UCL)
- Man United A
- Swansea A
- Tottenham H
- Leicester A (CC)
- Bournemouth H
- Newcastle A

Phew, Mangala has 7 games before he has to play anyone decent. : )

Very true.

I am just unconvinced Mangala will ever look top class in Pep's system of play.

I also think it has helped Otamendi that Stones has stepped up and shown signs of leadership. When Nico has the sole responsibility of leading that back line I think his game struggles a little.

I am just hoping Vinny stays fit.
This is a false narrative. Nico is good when he is good irrespective of who's next to him. He was just less consistent in the past and has become more consistent at churning out good performances.

But in fainess, most of that is due to our overall better performances defensively across the board.

I'd suggest Nico hasn't particularly had any dominating games this season because we've defended better across the board.

If our whole team defending keeps up, even Mangala will flourish so long as he puts in an effort to work on his passing.

I'm 49 and could play centre half for City. Seriously our dominance almost allows us to put anyone there when we are so in control. Ederson is a Godsend.

This is a false narrative. Nico is good when he is good irrespective of who's next to him. He was just less consistent in the past and has become more consistent at churning out good performances.

But in fainess, most of that is due to our overall better performances defensively across the board.

I'd suggest Nico hasn't particularly had any dominating games this season because we've defended better across the board.

If our whole team defending keeps up, even Mangala will flourish so long as he puts in an effort to work on his passing.

I hope so mate.

We are not going to lose the league because John Stones is out and Mangala has to play.

As you alluded to, if our overall team defending is in form we should be ok.

Looking at the fixtures until now and January, obviously we will have a few shaky moments, but only United away, Spurs at home and Leicester away in the League Cup stand out.

Don't forget we have Walker and Danilo both can play center half or right back play them together and could be a Sane Sterling style switch think how that could confuse the opposition and a young lad called Tosin lingering around we will be fine.

I hope so mate.

We are not going to lose the league because John Stones is out and Mangala has to play.

As you alluded to, if our overall team defending is in form we should be ok.

Looking at the fixtures until now and January, obviously we will have a few shaky moments, but only United away, Spurs at home and Leicester away in the League Cup stand out.
There is a 3 straight away games against mid 5 mid table teams in a row. That worries me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.