Leicester (A) Post Match Thread

Excellent performance.
Vincent was a bit lucky at the start only to get a yellow. I'll be generous and say Stones could have got back but it's touch and go. I'd have been disapointed if tgat decision had gone against us.
But from then on in there was only going to be one winner.
The Jesus goal was a thing of beauty. Pass and move at it's very best.
They hit the post with probably there only good chance in the game then we destroyed thrm on the counter and Kevin's goal at the end of the cointer attack was a peach.
We should have scored on 4 or 5 other occasions but were a tad wasteful.
Best of all though was our defending. Delph was magnificent against Marhez, walker controlled Grey and Vincent and Mangala efficiently dealt with Vardy after the early scare.
Shame about Stones Hamstring. Two months or so without him but I think we'll be OK.

Last edited:
Comment from a Leicester fan.....nice

36. Posted byPeoples Champions
on23 minutes ago
Leicester fan at game today,City taking premier league to new level,De Bruyne applauded of field by Leicester fans when subbed. Man City fans backing their team all game and choosing not to belittle our fans. A touch of respect and class on both sides, other teams take note.

From the bbc website

Just had a sneaky look on the foxes forum fair play everyone of them say outclassed walk the league go far in the champions league etc,Even a few saying the best team ever in the whole of the premier league high praise what a team we have fucking love em

It was never a red card for Kompany - He was too far from goal and Stones was close enough for VK not to be considered last man.

i'm happy, that was a controlled performance.
magala was a worry but did what was required, cleared his area and wasnt outdone by vardy.
a focus on our defence was what we all expected with the injuries and suspensions but we showed composure and class.

It's called a tactical foul. Look at the disciplinary records of the great, modern centre-backs. Sergio Ramos - (most sendings off in La Liga history), Thiago Silva, even Vidic...all of them knew where and when to concede a foul. I'd rather take a booking than be 1-0 down. Even if the ref made an absolutely shocking decision and sent Kompany off (like what happened against Hull a few years ago where we won the game with 10 men), it was still the right thing to do. If only Kolarov and Stones had done that last year against Leicester, we might have beat them.
Nah dude. It was simply poor defending that left him no choice but to foul and risk a possible red. And considering Stones pulled up later with a hammy, we'd have certainly lost the game if he had gotten sent off.

Sometimes good players just get their positioning wrong. That's what happened to Kompany there.

Excellent performance.
Vincent was a bit lucky at the start only to get a yellow. I'll be generous and say Stones could have got back but it's touch and go.
But from then on in there was only going to be one winner.
The Jesus goal was a thing of beauty. Pass and move at it's very best.
They hit the post with probably there only good chance in the game then we destroyed thrm on the counter and Kevin's goal at the end of the cointer attack was a peach.
We should have scored on 4 or 5 other occasions but were a tad wasteful.
Best of all though was our defending. Delph was magnificent against Marhez, walker controlled Grey and Vincent and Mangala efficiently dealt with Vardy after the early scare.
Shame about Stones Hamstring. Two months or so without him but I think we'll be OK.

Blimey after the bollox you posted in the match day thread

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.