Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still remember back then when Essien had the same injury,
and come back in less than 6 month. impressive recovery.
hope Mendy will come back sooner.

Not sure if Essien's original injury was as bad as Mendy's? Essien had two ACL injuries and operations on his right knee 2008 & 2011 and one on his left in 2010. Perhaps he had an innate physical weakness.
That must have been a difficult few years for him.

Agreed mate, I was able to squat with 280 kilo's within a few months of having mine done, but straight up and down isn't the problem, reflex, twisting and turning is, then there's the psychological issues and the propensity to protect the joint, I always maintain, if you've never had an ACL reconstruction, I don't think you can ever fully appreciate what the process actually entails.

Completely true, bud - really well said. Psychologically, it is very difficult for the first few months, even playing recreationally. Unless Delph is injured and we get nobody in Jan, I am not sure I see the point of risking Mendy this season. Maybe the odd cameo off the bench if we are chasing a game, but otherwise best let him fully recover and get ready for pre-season (or just possibly World Cup).

I may be in the minority but I don’t think Mendy was anything other than average when he played. Obviously he wasn’t up to speed coming back from his injury and joining a new team so I’m sure when he plays regular he’ll be solid. Was just a bit weak defensively imo.

I thought he had a couple of good games and some not so good ones. Very early days yet though and I expect him to do well with us in the long run

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to be the lowest of the low to employ that tactic against someone who’s previously had a bad injury.

Plenty of managers/teams have done this in the past. The Rags have a history of trying to kick our best players out of a game.

Big nose's return from injury got me wondering about Mendy. I think he did meniscus and cruciate in April. 6 months is pretty remarkable. Mendy has just tweeted a video of him juggling a ball. Feb/March? I wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.