Leicester (A) Post Match Thread

We do this every week in the States for Alabama College Football (Tidefans.com). It's just fun to see what the different strengths and weaknesses as viewed by the fans.

The Good -- Another dominating win although the Foxes were pesky at times, Kompany getting a yellow card (could have been a red), and Fabian Delph's play.

The Bad -- Hamstring injury to John Stones -- out month to 6 weeks.

The Ugly -- Vardy's gesticulations every time a City player beat him.
Roll tide!

I was shitting myself all week prior to this game. Probably only shat myself more for the Chelsea away game all season, so very happy with a fantastic result and my duds are still dry!! Double bonus !! CTWFD ;-)

Thoroughly enjoyable performance today.

First half we were the final pass from creating numerous goalscoring opportunities and the second half we played some lovely one touch football to create numerous chances but also to retain posession. To add two lovely goals.

Yes it could have been different if Komps had got a red car but sometimes they go for you and go against you. The nature of the game. It should not detract from the goals we scored and the football we played. You just wonder if it can get any better than it is now?

Got home late so have just finished watching the game. I know we seem to be saying this every game but this team just gets better and better. I thought we were fantastic today, one of the best performances of the season. There doesn't seem to be a weak link in the team and picking a man of the match is really difficult.
I have to say Komps dodged a bullet. I think he got away with a red card because it was so early in the game. I don't think Stones would have got to Vardy. After that we were sensational and barely put a foot wrong.
DeBruyne was sensational again, Delph was fantastic, but so was Silva, Fernandinho, Walker, Sterling and Sane ( oh yes and Ederson). The rest of the team were merely great.
Happy days !

Not a red for me, Stones was almost level and only a few yards away. Vardy would’ve needed to take at least 2 more touches before shooting. Not an obvious goal scoring opportunity - good decision

Not a red for me, Stones was almost level and only a few yards away. Vardy would’ve needed to take at least 2 more touches before shooting. Not an obvious goal scoring opportunity - good decision

John stones would have neither caught vardy or been goal side to make the challenge. If it was at the other end we would have all expected it to be given. We have had the walker decision against us this year and plenty last year so I wont be losing any sleep over it.

Nearly a third of the way through the season and we are 3 games ahead of Utd, 4 ahead of Chelsea (3 wins and goal difference) and Spurs and 5 ahead of Liverpool, Arsenal and Burnley.
TRULY ASTONISHING!

In football we see incidents where it's 100% clear what the decision should be, and then there are many, many other incidents where the correct decision can be debated.
The latter is one of the things I love about football, the debating of a decision in the pub, in work etc.
The kompany incident is certainly one for debate, but for me, we got away with one there, it should have been a red. No matter how close stones is there, I don't see how he gets close enough to vardy to deny him.

That aside, it's an absolute privilege and pleasure to watch the football we're producing at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.