Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did alright. Hopefully his confidence remains high. With Stones out and Kompany an injury risk we're going to need him.

Can't judge him good or bad on his performance today, he had little or nothing of great importance to do but that's not his fault, he did what he had to do well but I would expect tosin to have performed at a similar level. Hopefully pep has waved his magic wand over mangala and he can develop into a great squad player for us I have said it several times but he has all the tools in his locker to be an excellent defender. Pep has worked with some of the most intelligence defenders in the game hopefully he help mangala with that aspect of his game.

Mangala was very good today. However he was dog shit against Wolves. Perhaps its a matter of defensive partner that is the key for Mangala. With Kompany today he did a good job. With Tosin against Wolves, HE looked like the academy player..
Does he do less thinking with a more experienced centre half by his side? Does he feel the need to be more disciplined? Can't remember off the top of my head but apart from his debut where he was really good, has he played at any point consistantly with Kompany? Or was it a case of Mangala and Demechelis or Mangala and Stones etc etc.

Did very well today I thought. Gave the ball away cheaply once or twice, but so did others. Other than that he was fine. Stones' injury means he'll be playing a fair bit in the coming weeks, but I've got faith in him. If anyone can improve him, it's Guardiola.

I am still not sure he'll make it at City but I'd really, really like him to do it. He's top class guy, never said a word when he was at rock bottom, always gives his best, always ready to protect his teammates, I like Big M.

Mangala was very good today. However he was dog shit against Wolves. Perhaps its a matter of defensive partner that is the key for Mangala. With Kompany today he did a good job. With Tosin against Wolves, HE looked like the academy player..
Does he do less thinking with a more experienced centre half by his side? Does he feel the need to be more disciplined? Can't remember off the top of my head but apart from his debut where he was really good, has he played at any point consistantly with Kompany? Or was it a case of Mangala and Demechelis or Mangala and Stones etc etc.
Playing between Vinny and Delph is completely different than alongside Tosin and Zinchenko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.