Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

People talking about Delph, Danilo, Emre Can don't seem to grasp that Pep is desperate to win the CL here before he leaves.

And you don't think this is possible with Delph, Danilo and Emre Can?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dinho athleticism ability enable him to cover lot of area.
i would like to see either Fabinho or Weigl in this team.
right age, right physical, technically good, intelligent.
as for positioning, decision making & other mental aspects - it can be learn.

Yes please

If he can play as a DM as the article alludes to then I am happy we are looking for back-up to Fernandinho.

Watching Stones get injured brought home for me today that the likes of him, Fernandinho and Nico are virtually playing every game. That cannot carry on throughout the season. Stones proved that today.

I would seriously be looking at bringing in a DM in the January window.

For me, I would sell or ket Yaya go to NYCFC in January and bring in someone like Goretzka.

If he can play as a DM as the article alludes to then I am happy we are looking for back-up to Fernandinho.

Watching Stones get injured brought home for me today that the likes of him, Fernandinho and Nico are virtually playing every game. That cannot carry on throughout the season. Stones proved that today.

I would seriously be looking at bringing in a DM in the January window.

For me, I would sell or ket Yaya go to NYCFC in January and bring in someone like Goretzka.

I don't necessarily see him as playing that deep, but he's made more tackles and interceptions per game this season than Weigl or Dinho, so he's not shy on that.

I love the combination of height, physicality and yet he's a real box-to-box midfielder, really energetic, gets forward loads yet does finish chances and has a really good passing range. I think he has all the attributes for Pep to bring another level out of him, but I've always felt Pep will plump for Weigl, despite his injury malaise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.