Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly still don't want him. I get that he'll be cheap and he will give Sane rest but I don't like the fit.

Sane stays out wide with Delph playing inside and Sanchez seems to like to come in alot more as the 3-4-2-1 system gives him this freedom, unless we also buy another LB who can play wide then Sanchez is not ideal.

I'd much rather just see Dilrosun or Diaz (or other more mature EDS players if there are others) play LW if Sane needs rest. I mean, we already have Aguero, B Silva and Gundogan on the bench, we cannot possibly afford to put Sane on there as well if Sanchez starts. I'm all for depth and rotation which I believe are key, but the way your suppose to do that is sprinkle in some youth amongst more mature players so that the youth get some game time (which is enough for them) and the senior players get more than a 50-50 split. In something like a 75-25 split, you would get no complaints from the senior or youth players, but 25 for players like Gundogan and Bernardo is not good enough for them and not sustainable in the long run.

Real Madrid had this problem last season where they had incredible depth, quite literally you could see a bench of Kovacic, Isco, James, Morata, and Asensio. You can't have 5 players of this caliber on the bench and keep the team satisfied with rotation, so ultimately they lost James and Morata. Real even bought a talent like Ceballos (James replacement) and he get's no playtime.

Essentially, while I think Sanchez makes sense in the short term to many people, I don't think it makes sense practically in the long term, it just makes sense to play a kid there every now and then. Just do it Pep... we all want to see it once in a while.

I honestly still don't want him. I get that he'll be cheap and he will give Sane rest but I don't like the fit.

Sane stays out wide with Delph playing inside and Sanchez seems to like to come in alot more as the 3-4-2-1 system gives him this freedom, unless we also buy another LB who can play wide then Sanchez is not ideal.

I'd much rather just see Dilrosun or Diaz (or other more mature EDS players if there are others) play LW if Sane needs rest. I mean, we already have Aguero, B Silva and Gundogan on the bench, we cannot possibly afford to put Sane on there as well if Sanchez starts. I'm all for depth and rotation which I believe are key, but the way your suppose to do that is sprinkle in some youth amongst more mature players so that the youth get some game time (which is enough for them) and the senior players get more than a 50-50 split. In something like a 75-25 split, you would get no complaints from the senior or youth players, but 25 for players like Gundogan and Bernardo is not good enough for them and not sustainable in the long run.

Real Madrid had this problem last season where they had incredible depth, quite literally you could see a bench of Kovacic, Isco, James, Morata, and Asensio. You can't have 5 players of this caliber on the bench and keep the team satisfied with rotation, so ultimately they lost James and Morata. Real even bought a talent like Ceballos (James replacement) and he get's no playtime.

Essentially, while I think Sanchez makes sense in the short term to many people, I don't think it makes sense practically in the long term, it just makes sense to play a kid there every now and then. Just do it Pep... we all want to see it once in a while.

and for the first time since 1958 they won La Liga and the Champions League in the same season...

Don't forget that Aguero will likely be going back to Argentina in 18 months (I believe the option of an extra year is only there to safeguard us from him going to another european club). If we don't get Sanchez now/soon we could be wishing we had when that sad day comes around.
What would be so bad about being slightly overstocked in the front 3 for 1 season? If we win the PL this season it's gonna be tough to retain it and that's what we need to do to make the next step as a club (outside of CL, obviously).
I don't see why Sane/Sterling can't go on the bench when Sanchez starts. Mkhitaryan didn't even get in Utd's matchday squad today and that's our competition. Sane could well be a hamstring waiting to happen given the amount of football he plays, his style and sheer speed of his play, not to mention the intensity Pep demands.

Now Sancho has gone we don't have an obvious wide player near ready to make the step up from the academy. Brahim isn't a wide player - certainly not on the left anyway - he's always better in the centre when he can use his 2-footedness to its fullest and jink either side. For me he is a false 9 in our setup. I think he needs a Girona loan next season
Maffeo will likely be the first academy player to gain a true squad rotation/backup role. He will prove to the academy lads that there is a pathway there and that's the most important thing for the time being imo rather than getting a game here and there as A.Garcia did last season

AND when Real moved their strength in depth on, they have lost competition for places & the ability to bring on players who can effect the game.

You can never have too much strength in depth.

I think City will want it wrapped up in January.

We had planned for him this season and had Arsenal signed Lemar he would be a City player now.

I don't think City will want to risk him having his head turned by another club, which we know in football can happen.

It's done : )

I want Sanchez. But i would be slightly disappointed if we signed another FW before signing a CB, LB or DM.

Anyone else licking there lips watching him play yesterday! Going to be the cherry on top of a Guardiola cake if we can get him

and for the first time since 1958 they won La Liga and the Champions League in the same season...

Don't forget that Aguero will likely be going back to Argentina in 18 months (I believe the option of an extra year is only there to safeguard us from him going to another european club). If we don't get Sanchez now/soon we could be wishing we had when that sad day comes around.
What would be so bad about being slightly overstocked in the front 3 for 1 season? If we win the PL this season it's gonna be tough to retain it and that's what we need to do to make the next step as a club (outside of CL, obviously).
I don't see why Sane/Sterling can't go on the bench when Sanchez starts. Mkhitaryan didn't even get in Utd's matchday squad today and that's our competition. Sane could well be a hamstring waiting to happen given the amount of football he plays, his style and sheer speed of his play, not to mention the intensity Pep demands.

Now Sancho has gone we don't have an obvious wide player near ready to make the step up from the academy. Brahim isn't a wide player - certainly not on the left anyway - he's always better in the centre when he can use his 2-footedness to its fullest and jink either side. For me he is a false 9 in our setup. I think he needs a Girona loan next season
Maffeo will likely be the first academy player to gain a true squad rotation/backup role. He will prove to the academy lads that there is a pathway there and that's the most important thing for the time being imo rather than getting a game here and there as A.Garcia did last season
Foden played wide very successfully in the u17 world cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.