Leicester (A) Post Match Thread

Forget the shocking performance there last season that was an abberation, but games like this still used to give us all sorts of problems. Aside from the Walker sending off we are getting the rub of the green on decisions, last season every one went against us. This side now has a belief and an inner steel to win and not be beaten no matter what which is great to see. It sounds churlish to criticize when we are playing so well but if we were more clinical with some of the good chances we create we would be even more comfortable. David Silva is so calm and composed until he has a chance to score then boom it is usually ballooned over the bar, bizarre.

It is nice to have a cushion as injuries and the games coming thick and fast means we are bound to have a bit of a dip. Hopefully i am wrong and we continue to conquer all before us, i guess fifty years of typical City is hard to shake off lol!
TBH mate, I know shitty decisions can cost us dear, but over the course of a season, I think you make your own luck.

We're just better than we were the season before & the same can be said of last season too.

Last edited:
Looking at the highlights VK should have gone.
Stupidly rash decision from Vinny really so early on. Could have cost us.

We didn't start well yesterday and got a bit lucky Kompany not being sent off. That could have changed the course of the game. The ref made the right decision but Kompany took a huge risk taking Vardy out.
Also gutted Stones getting injured. An injury the way it appeared will take 6 weeks minimal. Just as he was doing so well. Kompany better stay fit now.

Other than that we hardly gave anything away and in flashes we looked phenomenal. Both our goals were great. And again we showed other teams they will need at least three plans to try and stop us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watching the highlights on MOTD (again!). That was a cracking pass from Dinho out to Kev to set up the counter attack for the second goal. And Vinnie was very lucky not to walk for that early challenge. Stones wouldn't have got around in time to cover.

When you send a player off for the type of challenge made by Vinnie the ref has to be 100% sure. I think the fact that Stones was relatively near put some doubt in the refs mind and that is what saved him. Great performance by City other than a couple of moments which every team is going to have. No shots on target by a home team with just one corner and 25% possession is something most teams can only dream off and it's happening most weeks for us. However let's see where we are at the beginning of January before we get carried away. If we can get through the next six weeks winning most games and unbeaten then at the end of the season we could see something even more special than we are already

Kompany...class as usual.

Tactially, that tackle on Vardy was absolutely the right thing to do when, last season, Kolarov and Stones had the chance to do similar and we ended up conceding both times.

Legend.
It was entirely the wrong decision by Kompany but I put it down to him being rusty.

Vinny lucky to have not gone and as highlighted last night on motd, that was down to it being so early in the game. Apart from that we dominated once more, scored two wonderful goals, the leicester fans applauding kdb as he went off was recognition, the injury to stonesy is a blow but lets hope he can make a quick return.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.