Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did very well today I thought. Gave the ball away cheaply once or twice, but so did others. Other than that he was fine. Stones' injury means he'll be playing a fair bit in the coming weeks, but I've got faith in him. If anyone can improve him, it's Guardiola.

Yep he played well today, looked very solid & disciplined.
Hopefully Pep plays him in the coming weeks.
We have a good run of games now until the Derby which will do him a world of good.
I still expect Kompany/Otamendi to play if fit, but Mangala will get some decent game time I’m sure.

Outside that one pass I thought he did extremely well considering how low expectations are for him. Like many on here I really enjoy rooting for the guy. I hope he can continually give us these 7/10 type performances. I believe he can do it.

He's a "mistake leading to a goal" waiting to happen. Ederson had to come out whenever Mangala is caught out of position. Which was a lot. Need a new CB in January.
You poluted the post match thread with this shite after he had a very decent game. We all agree he isn't necessarily the best, but he did well yesterday but, even after a great team performance you want another pop at the lad. So, other than Mangler everyone put in a faultless performance is what you appear to be spouting

Playing between Vinny and Delph is completely different than alongside Tosin and Zinchenko.

Im not doubting that. Also he played one game between Tosin and Zin, the meat of my post was about his playing outside of that match, but you picked up on this match specifically, idk why.

I really think he should start on Tuesday. (A) he needs game time (b) I don't think VK can handle two games a week, and we need him to pick up another injury like we need a hole in the head, (c) its Feyenoord, lads we're already through, and (d) I thought he played well yesterday.

How did he play yesterday overall?
I've only seen brief highlights

I really think he should start on Tuesday. (A) he needs game time (b) I don't think VK can handle two games a week, and we need him to pick up another injury like we need a hole in the head, (c) its Feyenoord, lads we're already through, and (d) I thought he played well yesterday.

I agree about the game time. Needs to play on Tuesday.

He's trying to play the Pep way which is commendable. I still think he needs some work with his one touch passes. Played well yesterday but sometimes his simple touches mad the ball look like a hot potato. Might be a confidence thing because he seems to have low confidence in his control, not surprising given how the tiniest mistake would get some on his back. Hopefully pep plays him against Feyenoord and he gets tested to his limit - first touch passing, running from the back with the ball, marking, holding the line, tracking back during a counter.

You poluted the post match thread with this shite after he had a very decent game. We all agree he isn't necessarily the best, but he did well yesterday but, even after a great team performance you want another pop at the lad. So, other than Mangler everyone put in a faultless performance is what you appear to be spouting

We agree that we can do better. I wish I could see him in a more positive light but his performance against Leicester does nothing for that. The idea that he might feature a lot of the next 12-15 games and possibly undoing all the work our team did up to this point horrifies me. I sincerely hope that he proves me wrong.

With Stones gone for at least 6 weeks we need Mangala at his best. Pair him with Otta for the Feyenord game and see how he does. He needs game time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.