Confirmed: Most Ever Consecutive Wins in English Football History - MCFC

I remember having a video as a kid called ‘equalling the record’ where we won 4 away games think Spurs, Everton and two others and drew with Luton 2-2 (Quinn volley) which made it 5that video was symptomatic of what we were away games unbeaten. We have come along way.
West Ham was one of the other games.

I have kept that video. The only video I've kept. At the time it made me think we had quite a good team. In hindsight, it made me think we were pretty good. That season. In that five game run. In retrospect, that video was a microcosm of my City life: celebrating winning fuck all.

I remember having a video as a kid called ‘equalling the record’ where we won 4 away games think Spurs, Everton and two others and drew with Luton 2-2 (Quinn volley) which made it 5 away games unbeaten. We have come along way.
I went to every game home and away that season. I genuinely thought we had a chance of winning a pot. Christ, we deserve all our current glories. We never came within a whisper of anything 'til Mancini and the Sheikh. Not a single semi final. Not one. 1981 apart, 3 QF matches I think from Tueart in 76 'til Unitd in league cup 2011. We earned our stripes.

I went to every game home and away that season. I genuinely thought we had a chance of winning a pot. Christ, we deserve all our current glories. We never came within a whisper of anything 'til Mancini and the Sheikh. Not a single semi final. Not one. 1981 apart, 3 QF matches I think from Tueart in 76 'til Unitd in league cup 2011. We earned our stripes.
Your dismissal of the Full Monty Cup is noted ;)

Since the Middlesbrough game towards the end of last season our record is
P22 W21 D1 L0 scored 69 conceded 13
Amazing. And the only draw being with 10 men for the vast majority of the game, that we almost definitely would’ve won.

What is the record for consecutive league wins in a single season (as opposed to spread over 2 seasons) in the top flight? I think Chelsea won 13 last season, didn't they?

Yes finishing 5/6th after all the dross that had gone before seemed a cause for celebration as did Keith Curle winning the Rumbelows final spirint.

I remember playing Sheff United away around that period (got beat 4-2 with Paul Lakes brother scoring) and literally thousands travelled with many locked out are in the home end as everyone was giddy about us winning and pitting pressure on the leaders. It was another of many false dawns.

Quinns goal v Luton and Spurs were fantastic though.

What is the record for consecutive league wins in a single season (as opposed to spread over 2 seasons) in the top flight? I think Chelsea won 13 last season, didn't they?
It probably is 13, as the record straddling 2 seasons is 14 by Arsenal over the 01/02 and 02/03 seasons. So we could set a new single season record at the swamp...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.