Sunday Supplement 17/18

This is however why I personally view bias amongst the BBC (e.g. The Pete the Badge thing) to be the worst of all. The BBC is NOT there to make money for its owner - they have a statutory basis which requires them to inform educate and entertain, not chase clicks or pander to their own personal preferences.

Not sure I agree. They face exactly the same pressure in terms of ensuring that their product remains viable, measured quantatively through click volume rather than qualitatively through content. Otherwise auntie's suits pull their funding and channel it elsewhere - eg into salary increases for the likes of Gary Lineker.

I get the media clicks thing, but attention generates more attention. The more the media idolise the rag shit and publish bollocks about Carlton Pogba and Ibrahimovic and the rest of the overated cünts, the more the casual fans and kids will keep believing it, thus perpetuating the rag myth.

If we had stories about us, sensationalising everything, and being sycophantic over our amazing style of play, and articles in non-football features about things like for example Sane's cool fashion sense or Raheem's amazing sports cars (purely hypothetical examples on a par with the bollocks they write about Pogba's hair and shit dances) then these would appeal to kids who would be more likely to talk about us and follow us, therefore increasing our fanbase, to generate more clicks the media crave, so leading to more positive stories about us. We need a media/PR expert that can push us into the public eye more and more.

I get the media clicks thing, but attention generates more attention. The more the media idolise the rag shit and publish bollocks about Carlton Pogba and Ibrahimovic and the rest of the overated cünts, the more the casual fans and kids will keep believing it, thus perpetuating the rag myth.

If we had stories about us, sensationalising everything, and being sycophantic over our amazing style of play, and articles in non-football features about things like for example Sane's cool fashion sense or Raheem's amazing sports cars (purely hypothetical examples on a par with the bollocks they write about Pogba's hair and shit dances) then these would appeal to kids who would be more likely to talk about us and follow us, therefore increasing our fanbase, to generate more clicks the media crave, so leading to more positive stories about us. We need a media/PR expert that can push us into the public eye more and more.
The proof of the pudding is the number of City shirts you see kids wearing, and what I've read on here from people all over the UK shows that kids are following us in growing numbers. At my school it was 70/30 rag. At my daughter's school in the same area it's now about 50/50. A lot of those little blues will have rag parents as well. At the end of the day many will just follow the best team.

Fair play to Samuel for admitting what we all knew only too well anyway. Double edged sword for the hacks though..... Hopefully not one blue will buy any of their crap again.... Just need the club to turf them all out now!!

Well David Platt was never off Sky Sports before he came to City, & then appeared again, just after Mancini (& him) left, but blew his chance to slag us off & therefore has never been seen since.

I'm pretty sure Patrick Vieira is available for the occasional appearence during several months of the season whilst NYC aren't playing, how about current Premier League players such as Pablo Zabaleta, who is doing fuck all on european nights, or how about using Craig Bellamy, who fucking works for Sky, on more of our games rather than just using ex Utd, Liverpool, Spurs & Chelsea people.

Spot on they certainly won't invite buzzer back anyday soon

Surely with all.the money the sheikh has he could buy a newspaper company and just print city stories in it and sod everyone else :-)

The proof of the pudding is the number of City shirts you see kids wearing, and what I've read on here from people all over the UK shows that kids are following us in growing numbers. At my school it was 70/30 rag. At my daughter's school in the same area it's now about 50/50. A lot of those little blues will have rag parents as well. At the end of the day many will just follow the best team.

This is very true. Living in the West Midlands I see more and more City shirts. I also notice less Liverpool shirts now than 10 to 20 years ago - success or medoicrity has a direct affect on popularity.

You can bet when we lose a game it will make all the back pages. Apparently winning games in style no longer makes news - not when you’re doing it week in week out

Well if they keep putting the scum top of the page and have loads of columns of them beating cannon fodder nowt will change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.