Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the argument about clicks but that doesn't explain why the DM's football page puts City's match report way below the reports on the Madrid derby 0-0 borefest, the Napoli v AC Milan game and two stories on the Wales manager's job.
The Mail is no worse than the rest. In fact in one way, it us better. Go to the sport/football page and under the top story click the "Jump to your teams news page select City and bang - everything is suddenly sky blue!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/teampages/manchester-city.html

Mate you have posted twice in this thread this morning about United getting media coverage and then posted in the United Thread about the article about stopping KDB.

It clearly infuriates you which I understand but we have just played some sublime football again this weekend. Focus on that pal everything else is white noise.

Frank.

It doesn't infuriate me. Honest.

I just like highlighting the obvious, mate. :-)

Even though we are top of the PL, 8 points clear, playing the best football, City's article's are still under numerous less worthy article's, such the England Rugby Union article, etc. I can fully appreciate the Daily Fail pampering to the Rags, Liverpool, Arsenal and to a point Chelsea()?, due to their larger fan base, but Spurs? Perhaps with Spurs it's a London thing?

However. The MUEN is a disgrace. There should be no bias, especially not by a local newspaper(?), which if we're honest is mainly read by Mancunians. As you know the MUEN's main team article/header is always United. They have made that decision. Which is then followed by numerous and at times pointless United filler articles as you scroll down the page. Eventually after wading through a load of social media tripe, stories, the distraction of ads, surveys, etc, you finally get to the main City article.

TBH, I'm surprised any City fan can be bothered read it, let alone any neutraul or general football fan wanting to read about City. The MUEN's reporting of both clubs isn't skewed, it's just plain biased. For a local Rag, that's disgraceful.

Sunday Supp titled the section, 'the silent champions' coz we dont drive clickbait. If things continue and we open up a 10+ point lead after xmas, the league could be effectively over and we could have the ridiculous situation of our games barely getting any coverage as the rest battle for CL spots. The only story will be if we remain unbeaten.

Sunday Supp titled the section, 'the silent champions' coz we dont drive clickbait. If things continue and we open up a 10+ point lead after xmas, the league could be effectively over and we could have the ridiculous situation of our games barely getting any coverage as the rest battle for CL spots. The only story will be if we remain unbeaten.

It's already happening. The media mostly run with "Can City Be Caught" garbage, which means that while framing their drivel in a City context, it relieves them of the click bait desert of actually talking about City, and allows them to wander the lush pastures of click bait heaven with nonsense about the arse, spuds, rags, dippers and chavs.

Martin Samuel is being very frank about what drives media coverage on Sunday Supplement. Worth watching, even if some may not like it.

The interesting thing for me is that the Sunday Supplement effectively denigrated their own profession. Samuel went on to say that he had a good story about Sunderland but that it did not have the priority of a PSG match. Where has journalistic integrity gone it is clear that all the media want our clicks and they only care how they get them. It is clear that there is a bias towards certain clubs and the media have acknowledged that and they have also acknowledged the reasons why. Therefore no-one should ever challenge the fact that there is a bias we just have to accept it for now but there may come a time in the future when the roles are reversed

What did he say Rick?

In a nutshell, stories about United generate more traffic (and thus revenue) than stories about City, hence why they get more exposure and positive coverage than us.

Hardly ground breaking revelations, admittedly, but confirmation of what we have long suspected from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

I understand what they said but we have pep and you would have thought they would be really interested to discuss how he has got us playing like we are,they adored him from afar but now they have chance to look at his methods close up they are not interested and he said our success is boring,i just don't get that
They have been begging for us to have a blip so they can write about it,they confirmed that as well

I understand what they said but we have pep and you would have thought they would be really interested to discuss how he has got us playing like we are,they adored him from afar but now they have chance to look at his methods close up they are not interested and he said our success is boring,i just don't get that
They have been begging for us to have a blip so they can write about it,they confirmed that as well
Yep. not even hiding it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.