Leicester (A) Post Match Thread

We got lucky for the offside

But Arsenal got lucky for the penalty not given in the first half when Sterling was pulled back

Watching the replay on MOTD of Vinny and don't think we would have over turned an appeal if he had been sent off

Yep, totally agree. Even against Arsenal in recent memory along with the Sterling incident in that game, we also had a stone wall penalty denied in the league game at their place last season with the Monreal handball. Then got a shocker of a decision in the Semi final, which cost us a cup final place. So they've had much more go there way recently, than we have. not that Wenger will see that.

However, Vinny's was a sending off for sure. Nothing wrong in admitting that. Been nice to have 2 consecutive decisions go our way for once... Just 963 to go till it all evens its self up...!! :)

We were in the main stand trying not to cheer too much, didn't look out of place as the home fans were clapping both our goals and K B had a standing applause when he was taken off. Fantastic all round team performance.

Yep, totally agree. Even against Arsenal in recent memory along with the Sterling incident in that game, we also had a stone wall penalty denied in the league game at their place last season with the Monreal handball. Then got a shocker of a decision in the Semi final, which cost us a cup final place. So they've had much more go there way recently, than we have. not that Wenger will see that.

However, Vinny's was a sending off for sure. Nothing wrong in admitting that. Been nice to have 2 consecutive decisions go our way for once... Just 963 to go till it all evens its self up...!! :)

Wish there was a like button !

I've watched the whole game now & I was gobsmacked at how awesome we were. We couldn't have picked a worse time to be going there, just as they think they have 'turned the corner' & are full of confidence. Losing Stones as well as Otamendi. Two cbs who have barely played, a centre mid at lb. It was set up for an upset. Yet they were hanging on for a 0-2 at the end.

If I had to pick out any points of improvement, it would be the final pass or occasionally, last but one pass, because our build up play was so fantastic we could have scored ten if we had been clinical.

But so many top performances. How the fuck does Kompany just step in & play left & right cb & turn in a performance like that ? He just took over the role of main cb even when Stones was on the pitch. Can't accept his one big mistake was a red card challenge as for one Vardy didn't actually have the ball, he was running on to it, with Stones close enough for doubt.

The covering from Delph, Walker & Ederson was brilliant & helped the cbs. All the team were pretty much obviously excellent, but under the radar slightly, Jesus was fucking tremendous. So many great touches & runs.

I thought Mangala did really well but the defence is not quite as organised or secure, with him in it.

If/when Vinny gets injured, Otamendi will have to step up as a captain kind of figure & do plenty of talking, if Mangala is to play, otherwise it will go pear shaped.

Red all day that, as a few have said if that was Sergio going through at the Swamp and Ugly Phill did that there would be Bluemoon meltdown if it wasn't given as a red. One thing these days is we are starting to get some decisions, just like Bacon Face got for 25 odd years, we are due a shed load!....
I genuinely thought it was 50:50 really. One of those where the ref had excuses to err on the side of caution and not give a red. And I think in those situations refs often look for excuses to keep everyone on the pitch, no matter who the player is or what time into the match it is. If that had been a City player running through I'd have wanted a red given but I wouldn't have been shocked at all to see a yellow when there's another defender right alongside the incident.

I genuinely thought it was 50:50 really. One of those where the ref had excuses to err on the side of caution and not give a red. And I think in those situations refs often look for excuses to keep everyone on the pitch, no matter who the player is or what time into the match it is. If that had been a City player running through I'd have wanted a red given but I wouldn't have been shocked at all to see a yellow when there's another defender right alongside the incident.

Its a red for me. But one I would have expected to be have been given if it was a City player (Kompany) but not given if it was us attacking. Nice to be on the right side of one of those decisions for once....

You are joking ?

They were singing about us in the Nou Camp when they won the treble.

I don't like us singing about Utd unless we are playing them, but I love this one. It just shows up oppo supporters for being sad ****s, singing it at us.
United fans sang we're just a shit man city when they won the treble? Lol i doubt it..if the Leicester fans sang it first that makes more sense why we would sing it back I totally get that,that's cool..i just thought we started singing it out the blue which i thought was bit strange.

6jj37k.jpg

The hills are alive with the sound of ..... CITY.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.