Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another goal today. these tap ins goals are all about speed and positioning. Gabriel is ALLWAYS there. This has allways been one of his main qualities.

Here is a nice documentary on the kid, made by four four two magazine (subtitled in english) and released yesterday:

Cheers

Would never have thought when we signed him that his main attribute would be his brain. His movement and know how around the box is exquisite.

Another goal today. these tap ins goals are all about speed and positioning. Gabriel is ALLWAYS there. This has allways been one of his main qualities.

Here is a nice documentary on the kid, made by four four two magazine (subtitled in english) and released yesterday:

Cheers

Thanks for the video....an excellent watch. I was wondering if City have some new fans over in Brazil due to Gabriel playing here.

I actually think he's in pretty poor form atm and Aguero deserves to start over him every weekend. He's missing easy chances, doesnt see much of the ball and messing up his flicks. Right now I'd say that Aguero offers us much more than him, not just as a goal threat but to our general play as well.

I actually think he's in pretty poor form atm and Aguero deserves to start over him every weekend. He's missing easy chances, doesnt see much of the ball and messing up his flicks. Right now I'd say that Aguero offers us much more than him, not just as a goal threat but to our general play as well.

I've never been convinced that Jesus offers a bigger individual threat that Kun. In fact, I'd argue that he is our weakest attacking player based on the ability to make something happen from nothing.

However, his real strength is his teamwork and positional play and this is a value that I believe people overlook. He harasses opponents like Pep wants, his scores an incredible number of tap ins because he is in the right place at the right time. When he does receive the ball from deep he quickly offloads it to someone else and goes back into his position. This allows Dave and KDB to have more space and control the game.

Its his unselfish nature which help an us flourish as a side IMO.

I think he is played and is playing in the way that best suits the team. Alot of what he does is "invisable" positioning off the ball, even when he is not going to receive it. I think there is a more flamboyant side to him that we will see in the future. For the time being he is quietly causing all kinds of problems for defenders worldwide.

He’s got an amazing ability to drift into space in the box and so giving himself easy chances to score. He’ll score loads of goals if he stays with us. I think he’ll even be our record goal scorer in time.

I love the kid but I think it's fair to say we've not seen the Brazilian magic yet from him. We've actually, to my surprise, seen this highly intelligent link-up, poaching old school no.9 instead, albeit with a lovely touch.

I think I was personally, based on what I've seen online of him before he came, expecting a lot more dribbling. We've seen very little of that so far.

I love the kid but I think it's fair to say we've not seen the Brazilian magic yet from him. We've actually, to my surprise, seen this highly intelligent link-up, poaching old school no.9 instead, albeit with a lovely touch.

I think I was personally, based on what I've seen online of him before he came, expecting a lot more dribbling. We've seen very little of that so far.
Agreed.

It must be under instruction and influence as we're seeing a very different player to the one in Brazil,thats not a bad thing though,in fact its actually to his huge credit.......as his maturity and unselfish approach is what's contributing to us being a cohesive force and such a great team.

It does suggest there is plenty more to come though :-)

Agreed.

It must be under instruction and influence as we're seeing a very different player to the one in Brazil,thats not a bad thing though,in fact its actually to his huge credit.......as his maturity and unselfish approach is what's contributing to us being a cohesive force and such a great team.

It does suggest there is plenty more to come though :-)

Pep encourage players to express themselves and show their skills, you can see it from Stones to Sterling.

Therefore I don't think Pep told Jesus to play it safe and not show his dribbling skills.

I think so far Jesus strength is his energy, speed and finishing. We still didn't see any impressive dribbling moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.