Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
quite a few games where half an hour in I've thought "oh, Gabby's been a bit quiet so far" but he's always there for a couple of goals. Just has the knack.

People need to remember that when your back's to goal and you're the furthest guy forward against a packed defence that there's not much room for flicks and tricks. The few times he's been played out wide, particularly towards the end of games, you see a real skillful side to him. In fact yesterday there were two or three moments of real skill that ended with us getting a freekick (or in case pulled back for an earlier foul).

The fact is that Jesus does more for the team than Aguero as a whole. He presses better, his movement is more intelligent and his link up play is too. I still rate Aguero better as an individual footballer, but he's definitely the square peg of the two.

He's like Sterling a bit that way. It's not so much about what HE does. It's about what he does for EVERYONE else.

Agreed.

It must be under instruction and influence as we're seeing a very different player to the one in Brazil,thats not a bad thing though,in fact its actually to his huge credit.......as his maturity and unselfish approach is what's contributing to us being a cohesive force and such a great team.

It does suggest there is plenty more to come though :-)

He actually completing the same amount of dribbles for us as he did for Palmeiras.. about 1 a game, capable of doing it but don't think it's naturally part of his game. His main qualities are link up play, graft and poaching.

People say he's not showing his flamboyant side, but Pep literally just gave an interview saying Jesus "is great but still runs too much with the ball for me". He literally wants Jesus to touch the ball as little as possible, it works for the system but can be terrible for player development/brazil national team (which is who i support)

very strange comments here... Aguero 29 yrs old going to 30, at his peak. How ppl compare him with a 20 yrs boy who started to play professionally two yrs ago. And scoring almost every game. Even Ronaldo at Cruzeiro in Brazil (his first professional team) wasn't like that every game. Although he had a lot more dribbling skills than Jesus at same age. Gabriel wont be like Ronaldo, but he can be like Etoo and do a lot damage

Other thing I remembered. When was the last time you all saw a player from midfield driblling everyone like Messi do in La Liga, here at Premier League? You cant count on fingers how many ppl did that who scored right after. T.Henry, W.Rooney, (dont remember CR7 doing this with reds) who else? PL dont let you carry the ball, specially the strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.