Leicester (A) Post Match Thread

The incident I have been most reminded of when thinking of the Vinnie incident yesterday was the Luis incident in last season's match at home to Chelsea. Sergio flattened by Luis and not even a free kick awarded! We were all convinced that Sergio had been fouled, a clear goal-scoring opportunity denied and a deserved red card not shown. Like thousands of others I was furious, most neutrals astonished and it made not one iota of difference - Luis stayed on and Chelsea went on to win. I can sympathise with Leicester's anger but have to admit that speculation about how the match might have been changed is just that - speculation. As the poet wrote, "History to the defeated may say alas, but cannot help or pardon."

I love how City fans want to do down everything we do, and in this case want a red card for Vinny, but in work this morning, with 4 others, 1 a closet rag, the other a rag, all to a person thought "no penalty", due to Stones being there from the main angle. That's even despite MoTD then managing to massage the replay, so as only to show Kopmany, Vardy and Ederson, and use an angle that foreshortens the camera view, to make it look like Vardy is almost on to Ederson.
Who has said they wanted a red card for Vinny?

Unfortunately, I had to watch the game on my computer - albeit a decent feed - and although I find that the most tense way to have to watch, I mostly just sat and marveled at how good we were from the off. Unquestionably our final ball could have been better and Vinnie had one poor moment plus KDB, Dinho, Manga, to name a few, made the odd slack pass but so much of our player was outstanding.

I commented early on in this tread about how quickly Vinnie gets up to speed; it is absolutely astonishing and it is easy to forget just how good he is. I thought his passing into midfield was as good as I've seen from him and he remains the king of the near post cut-out. We need him to stay fit and no one deserves some good luck with injury more than the man himself.

I think you under the radar comment about Jesus is very apt. I hadn't commented on it but did think during the game about how well he leads the line. He seems incredibly selfless for a young goal hungry striker. I think his ability to be Johnny on the Spot so often is a gift from the gods.

The great thing about Jesus, I think, is that right now he is scoring, assisting, grafting for the team but what we aren't seeing is the other facets of his game, such as the ability to run at & beat players & also score 'golazo' type goals.

There is a whole other side to him which he is currently keeping in check, by just keeping it simple. We saw a couple of instances at 2-0 late on, one where he left 2 Leicester defenders for dead but was pulled back for a City free kick & another where he flicked the ball over Maguire, in the air, but was taken out (as Otamendi did when Jesus did it to him in an international).

He is really playing for the team & reining it in at the moment, but it will all come out, over time I recon. He is a bit special.

I love how City fans want to do down everything we do, and in this case want a red card for Vinny, but in work this morning, with 4 others, 1 a closet rag, the other a rag, all to a person thought "no penalty", due to Stones being there from the main angle. That's even despite MoTD then managing to massage the replay, so as only to show Kopmany, Vardy and Ederson, and use an angle that foreshortens the camera view, to make it look like Vardy is almost on to Ederson.

I agree, it definitely wasn't a penalty!

Wish I could hit a ball that hard with my strong foot let alone my weaker foot, Kev I fucking love you

Yesterday was the first (league) away match I've managed to qualify for a ticket this season, just missed out on Brighton and West Brom nowhere close to any of the others and was starting to think about not bothering in future. Yesterday just got me switched back on completely, couple of pints, fantastic performance from the team and awesome atmosphere generated by our fans. Hope the guy who took a nasty tumble down the steps near us is ok, didn't look too good at the time.

I think it was touch an go for it being a red. I probably wouldn't of thought we'd been screwed had the card been a dif colour.

I guess if it had been Sergio in the same incident and only a yellow been shown I'd of been fuming.

The great thing about Jesus, I think, is that right now he is scoring, assisting, grafting for the team but what we aren't seeing is the other facets of his game, such as the ability to run at & beat players & also score 'golazo' type goals.

There is a whole other side to him which he is currently keeping in check, by just keeping it simple. We saw a couple of instances at 2-0 late on, one where he left 2 Leicester defenders for dead but was pulled back for a City free kick & another where he flicked the ball over Maguire, in the air, but was taken out (as Otamendi did when Jesus did it to him in an international).

He is really playing for the team & reining it in at the moment, but it will all come out, over time I recon. He is a bit special.

We get tantalizing glimpses of the flair that he has. I assume Pep has asked him to play this and, if so, the lad deserves credit for his discipline and application. I'm sure he will be allowed to entertain more and will learn when the time is right but Pep is never going to encourage any showboating. I wonder how much influence Pep had over Messi's style of play and the lack of glitz in how he plays.

We get tantalizing glimpses of the flair that he has. I assume Pep has asked him to play this and, if so, the lad deserves credit for his discipline and application. I'm sure he will be allowed to entertain more and will learn when the time is right but Pep is never going to encourage any showboating. I wonder how much influence Pep had over Messi's style of play and the lack of glitz in how he plays.

Yes I'm sure you are right. And I'm sure Pep will encourage him to expand his game & try more stuff over time, but for end product & not for showing off, same as Messi attempts his tricks & shots in order to win, not just to look good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.