Status
Not open for further replies.
So with Pep's comments, I'm expecting something like this:
---------------------Ederson/Bravo
Walker--------Otamendi------Mangala---------Danilo
------------------Yaya----------Gundogan-----------------
Bernardo----------------Foden-------------------Diaz----
---------------------------Aguero---------------------------

Not sure on the shape as Diaz is better central, maybe he'll go up top with Sergio in a 4-2-2-2.

He could possibly rest one of Walker or Otamendi for Adarabioyo as well.

Would like us to keep our winning streak going (as well as topping our group) but we do need to rest for this tough period ahead.

Is that right we have already secured top?
Nope. We've qualified and if we better Shakhtars result against Napoli we win the group. But as Bayern and possibly Atletico will finish second in their groups, you know who we'll "draw" in the Round if 16 if we win the group. Still we have play a good team soon enough so Pep could bring Foden and Diaz into the team for our remaining fixtures. But for me it's more likely in the Shakhtar game as it's before the derby.

Did I miss something? Has Pep said he will field a second team or rest players? Would appear a rather silly thing to do. Rest players after securing top spot. Full strength for me then make full use of the bench if necessary. I expect Sergio to start and Ottamedi to come in place of Vinnie.

Nope. We've qualified and if we better Shakhtars result against Napoli we win the group. But as Bayern and possibly Atletico will finish second in their groups, you know who we'll "draw" in the Round if 16 if we win the group. Still we have play a good team soon enough so Pep could bring Foden and Diaz into the team for our remaining fixtures. But for me it's more likely in the Shakhtar game as it's before the derby.

Only a few days to find out now. I suspect Pep will want to secure top spot on Tues and will pick a team to do that.

I am surprised Pep has made such a comment if true.

We can still lose out on top spot to Shakhtar.

If napoli win their game and we win ours would that secure top spot?

If napoli win their game and we win ours would that secure top spot?

Almost - we'd be 3 points ahead and lead them head to head. Away goals count in head to head, so they would need to beat us 2-0, 4-1, 5-2 etc. in the final game in order to get ahead of us.

Last edited:
Did I miss something? Has Pep said he will field a second team or rest players? Would appear a rather silly thing to do. Rest players after securing top spot. Full strength for me then make full use of the bench if necessary. I expect Sergio to start and Ottamedi to come in place of Vinnie.

He's said he'll make a lot of changes and to be fair this is a very poor feyenoord team so a mixture of youth/squad players should easily win this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.