David Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think there is a manager out there that could teach Dave to shoot and score. It's one of those things, it's not his game.

Super Dave though all the way.

Er. he can shoot and score and, as plenty of people keep pointing out, his scoring ratio for Spain is good and very few players have scored more goals for Spain.

Just Silva mate. The whole tempo of play changes.
We look a totally different team without Silva.
I don't think we can attribute the slowness to just Silva's absence. That will be oversimplifying the truth.

The presence of Mangala, and Yaya naturally slows down the game regardless of who was out. The absence of Sterling and Sane playing as the 2 wide players congests the midfield and thus slow us down also.

The absence of Dihno quick counter press and quick ball release also slows us down more. Danilo having to cut to the middle from left back also makes things more congested. So in reality concluding our slowness was due to the absence of Silva is a gross oversimplification. We would have been equally slow if Silva had started ahead of Debryune.

Sure we are Beyer better with him and Debryune running the show. But the presence and absence of others are larger factors in why we are slower..

I don't think we can attribute the slowness to just Silva's absence. That will be oversimplifying the truth.

The presence of Mangala, and Yaya naturally slows down the game regardless of who was out. The absence of Sterling and Sane playing as the 2 wide players congests the midfield and thus slow us down also.

The absence of Dihno quick counter press and quick ball release also slows us down more. Danilo having to cut to the middle from left back also makes things more congested. So in reality concluding our slowness was due to the absence of Silva is a gross oversimplification. We would have been equally slow if Silva had started ahead of Debryune.

Sure we are Beyer better with him and Debryune running the show. But the presence and absence of others are larger factors in why we are slower..
Exactly, the outball from defence was slower, Yaya played with a slower tempo than Fern, nowhere near the space in midfield because we weren't playing wide enough. Not down to one player - the consequence of many changes away from our very best team.

I'm not only talking last night and Wolves. Our tempo slows and our fluidity drops when he comes off in general.

He is integral to our style. I've never said others don't contribute and I agree, Fernandinho & Stones are key too.

I was replying to Jack74. Who for some unknown reason can't see praise being given to Silva.

Silva more than any other player makes us tick. That is not to the detriment of anyone else, it's to the credit of Silva.

I'm not only talking last night and Wolves. Our tempo slows and our fluidity drops when he comes off in general.

He is integral to our style. I've never said others don't contribute and I agree, Fernandinho & Stones are key too.

I was replying to Jack74. Who for some unknown reason can't see praise being given to Silva.

Silva more than any other player makes us tick. That is not to the detriment of anyone else, it's to the credit of Silva.
Jack has issues with Silva. But that's personal. Silva skipped him by mistake on an autograph line once, and Jaxk won't let him hear the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.