Feyenoord (h) pre-match thread

Feyenoord (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh alright then West Brom.
My point was that we put out a second string side at home to Wolves, should have won, but er ..didn't in normal ( and extra) time.
Same could happen here if we put out any old side and don't treat Feyenoord with respect.
Missed this post. I agree.

Everything good from us comes through Silva and KDB, and without both, we struggle to create decent chances.

We should rest the players we cannot afford to be without , Ederson , Walker , KDB , Merlin , Sane (and Kompany and Delph because we are short of defensive cover) , they shouldnt be anywhere near the Etihad on Tuesday , we can still muster an XI that can compete against Feyenoord , the likes of Bravo , Danilo , Mangala , Zinchenko, Bernardo , Toure, Gundogan , Foden , Diaz should be given the chance to impress. As for winning the group , that would be excellent , (but if as expected Real finish 2nd in their group you guarantee we will draw them in the last sixteen). More important to rest vital players for the premier league games at the moment , and the Champions league knock-outs will take care of themselves in February whether we win the group or not.
Yep, we will draw Real or Bayern if we win the group

A lot of over-confidence, bordering on arrogance in this thread I think. Feyernord are a Champions League side and no matter how comfortable the first leg seemed, if we rotate too much and assume we'll walk it, I don't think we'll win. We have to take this seriously. Rest a few players by all means, but I think if we were to swap out most of the team, I can see a repeat of the Wolves game, with an equally random outcome.

i dont agree. i dont think its arrogance to say feyenoord aren't that good a side - i dont think they are and tbh i dont think its exactly there priority either .i dont think many people are saying drop the whole first team, but just rotate in a few players. and give a few players a rest.

Yep, we will draw Real or Bayern if we win the group
Dont know what the draw will bring, but last year we finished second a everyone thought we had the best draw with Monaco, so you can never tell in December what will be a good or bad draw come March.

I'd like to see

.......Ederson....,,,
Walker Ota Tosin Danilo
.........Gundogan....,,,
......Foden...Bernardo...
Sterling...Aguero...SANÉ

Would be more than enough and exciting to watch.

For me we have four days recovery time so three of our top liners could play 45mins or an hour.

Eddy
Danilo
Mangala
Otamendi
Zinchenko

Yaya
Gundogan
KDB
Bernardo
Aguero
Silva

Sub Silva, KDB Aguero for Sane, Sterling and Jesus after 45 mins to an hour depending on the score/ Should be enough to win and allow at least some players to get a full ninety under their belts while resting the important players.

Starts for Bernardo, Gundogan, Mangala, Zinchenko, Danilo and Yaya.

Rest KDB and Silva 100%, no need for them to play this game.

We play Tuesday night play a strong team bar one or two changes (kompany possibly being one) then don’t play until Sunday plenty of rest time as some have already posted,let’s try and get the group won then the Shakhtar game hopefully becomes a dead rubber and make wholesale changes for that with the rags game that weekend ..

We play Tuesday night play a strong team bar one or two changes (kompany possibly being one) then don’t play until Sunday plenty of rest time as some have already posted,let’s try and get the group won then the Shakhtar game hopefully becomes a dead rubber and make wholesale changes for that with the rags game that weekend ..
Did nobody see John Stones get injured just from running in a straight line yesterday? If that's not a warning that we need to rotate more, I don't know what is! Keep playing the same team and there'll be another couple of injuries for the derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.