Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kun would not have. I think Jesus would have. He probably would be re-invigorated by a move. If it happens, I hope he is.

City are playing some spectacular football ourselves, and have players like B Silva who are struggling for games. Alexis is in my opinion coming to the end of his career as a wide forward and you can see that in his game, or at least I saw those features in his game at the Emirates yesterday. I think Sanchez from one or two years ago would have ruthlessly punished Spurs on the counter yesterday, and if we are considering bringing him to City we should consider that.

City at leciester broke at lightening pace with Sane, Sterling and Jesus supported by De Bruyne et al. I don't think sanchez fits that. You are welcome to think otherwise of course.

You speak so much shit sometimes. Take that light heartedly, because I’m not looking for an arguement. Some of your posts over the last few months have made me laugh.

Relative to other players: Defenders overtook him. I haven't seen him directly alongside Sane and Sterling but when you see City on the counter-attack, few keep pace with Sane and Sterling. 2nd half at the Emirates, Arsenal were just playing on the counter-attack and picking off Spurs high line. They had several counter-attacks with sanchez to the fore. More or less every time defenders just ate into the advantage he had. My impression was that when Sanchez was at Udinese and barcelona, and when first at Arsenal, very few defenders could keep pace with sanchez, but that I think has changed, and given his age I think it will get worse and takes away some of the effectiveness in his game. He's still a technically gifted player, but I prefer all our forwards over him. I can't give you a metric other than general observations that he doesn't seem able to beat defenders one for one any more and when played through into space behind a defence, defenders catch him up.

I remember years back, there was some kind of competition between quick players who were timed in sprints, and Curle came out near the top. We don't have anything like that so I just have to observe how they do one on one with players, and my observation is that what was once a key asset of Sanchez's game has gone. I know it's vague.
Ok, give me a couple of specific examples where there was a 50/50 ball or a ball played where Sanchez was the clear favourite & was 'eaten for pace'?

The game was only yesterday & I still have the recording, so it shouldn't be so difficult foe you to provide a couple of examples.

Also, outside of Sane & Sterling, which other wide midfield players do we have with their pace? I'm asking because the next question is obviously 'So what we gonna do without one or both of them if the situation arises?'

Who's place will he take though?
Don't think it's obvious at all he's coming in January.

This thread has taken over from the brexit thread for having the same fucking posts repeated ad nauseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.