Feyenoord (h) pre-match thread

Feyenoord (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be tempted to start with a good side out there and make changes when/if we are in control.

A Sunday in Huddersfield with respect to them shouldn't be too difficult with a couple of days rest. WE can then send a lesser squad out in the Ukraine before the raggy game.

Did nobody see John Stones get injured just from running in a straight line yesterday? If that's not a warning that we need to rotate more, I don't know what is! Keep playing the same team and there'll be another couple of injuries for the derby.
I understand that,but let’s say we make a raft of changes and draw or get beat,we then have to go to Shakhtar full strength and they are a dangerous enough team as we have already seen and no guarantees of winning or drawing,injuries can happen anytime so we just have to bite the bullet and go with it ...

A lot of over-confidence, bordering on arrogance in this thread I think. Feyernord are a Champions League side and no matter how comfortable the first leg seemed, if we rotate too much and assume we'll walk it, I don't think we'll win. We have to take this seriously. Rest a few players by all means, but I think if we were to swap out most of the team, I can see a repeat of the Wolves game, with an equally random outcome.
It’s the opposite of over confidence. It’s a worry about the three league games coming in the next week and a half against tougher opposition.

Slovakian referee Ivan Kružliak (33) will take charge of Manchester City vs. Feyenoord on Tuesday night.

This will be Kružliak's first appointment for either side.

DPBPzcgWAAEzea4.jpg:small

I understand that,but let’s say we make a raft of changes and draw or get beat,we then have to go to Shakhtar full strength and they are a dangerous enough team as we have already seen and no guarantees of winning or drawing,injuries can happen anytime so we just have to bite the bullet and go with it ...
Finishing top looks to be getting you Munich or Madrid or Juventus and possibly Atleti.

It’s not the huge advantage it usually is anyway.

Certainly not advantageous enough to risk injury to key players right now with one defender made of glass and another out for six weeks.

Finishing top looks to be getting you Munich or Madrid or Juventus and possibly Atleti.

Certainly not advantageous enough to risk injury to key players right now with one defender made of glass and another out for six weeks.
Yeah good point,as it stands it’s a funny Champions league this year with strong fancied teams destined to finish second at the end of the day if you want to progress as far you need to beat decent teams along the way,still would rather see us rest a raft of players for the Shakhtar game,with the rag match that weekend as I want us fresh and ready to hammer the cnuts ..

i dont agree. i dont think its arrogance to say feyenoord aren't that good a side - i dont think they are and tbh i dont think its exactly there priority either .i dont think many people are saying drop the whole first team, but just rotate in a few players. and give a few players a rest.
Think that is a given

Starts for Bernardo, Gundogan, Mangala, Zinchenko, Danilo and Yaya.

Rest KDB and Silva 100%, no need for them to play this game.
Zinchenko was blowing out of his ringpiece 60 mins into the Wolves game. By all means start Bernardo, Gundogan and Danilo. They are all better than Tosin, Zinchenko and Foden. All talk of giving the youngsters a workout is fine and dandy. But not in a game of this magnitude.

Finishing second could mean (as it stands) we'd get either PSG, Barca, Beskitas and possibly Roma. If Chelsea top their group too then it's just the first three which... no... I'd rather the choice of the other ones.

Finishing second could mean (as it stands) we'd get either PSG, Barca, Beskitas and possibly Roma. If Chelsea top their group too then it's just the first three which... no... I'd rather the choice of the other ones.
I’d prefer Roma or Beskitas to Munich, Madrid, Atleti or Juve personally.

Although you can guarantee we will get a tough one and united will be drawn against Arbroath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.