How many of our rivals players would get into our first 11?

I just laughed. I'd take pogba but only for back up /job share with dino and yaya maybe.
As for the goalie I really did lol.
Churlish not to say that Pogba's hugely talented. But throughout his career he's always produced flashes of brilliance now and then without controlling games. Again, David controls so many games - the beating heart of our team. Remember Hoddle and Platini. Both colossal talents, but at international level Platini controlled games and almost single handedly won big games and Hoddle didn't. David is a genius.

Last edited:
Chrisdunk - Hazard is a massively good player, but he went missing for almost 12 months. Ozil, another huge talent, went missing for even longer. David on the other hand never goes missing. Consistency is what elevates David above Hazard and Ozil. You can always rely on David, but Hazard's and Ozil's track records over a significant period indicates that you can never be sure whether they'll turn up in the non-televised lower profile games.
Hazard isn't inconsistent though. He was forced to play with an injury by Boreinho which completely derailed his season. When healthy, he literally makes the Team of the Season every single year.

He's my favourite non-City PL player & is a pass & move/unselfish player which fits Pep's ideals.

Our Keeper is perfect in what he brings to this team. DDG is a better shot stopper but he is no where near Ederson when it comes to playing from the back so no thanks.

Otamendi is definetly debatable but i will only have Virgil Van Dyke over Otamendi, no one else.
Stones can not be replaced. He has been immense this season.
Delph has slotted in well but remember, its because Mendy is injured but i will take ashley young just because of the attacking crosses/pace he brings with him. Else Rose from Spurs will do it.However, when Fit nobody beats Mendy.
Walker is a beast and no one can touch him at RB.

Fernandinhio again will always start, Kante will be a choice for some but for me Ferna starts.
KDB and Silva, they will walk in to any team over any god damn player. Whomever thinks Pogba better than Silva is obtuse and naive.
No one is better than Sane this season, not even hazard.
Sterling .. i will definitely take Mane from Liverpool over Sterling as i think Mane right now is a brilliantplayer. Hazard will supersede Sterling as well but no one else.

Aguro/Jesus...its a tough one. I think we have 2 of the best forwards in the world right now but Alexis Sanchez will arguably be an improvement.
It's not just about talent, it's how you apply that talent on a consistent basis. An old example. Duncan McKenzie was, in the 70s, as talented as almost anyone in the world. But he tended to only turn up for the big games (semi finals and stuff like that) and couldn't get in the England team over much lesser talent. When judging players you have to strike that balance between talent and application. David's the top player in the Prem and absolutely no-one is an upgrade on Sergio. He scores goals at a rate unmatched in Prem history.

We've been doing well but can't help but think we could do with some muscle and aggression to keep us stable when our form drops, Bailly, Pogba, Alli, Giroud possibly. Don't think it's a coincidence that Pochettino and Mourinho look for players of a certain physical stature where we sign mostly midgets.

Agree with this.

I'd throw Fellaini in there as well if we're just naming shit players.

Hazard isn't inconsistent though. He was forced to play with an injury by Boreinho which completely derailed his season. When healthy, he literally makes the Team of the Season every single year.

He's my favourite non-City PL player & is a pass & move/unselfish player which fits Pep's ideals.
David's been playing with an injury for at least as long as he's been with us. Hazard went missing for a season - he was unrecognisable. He had injury problems, but no more than many others. Didn't like what he was being asked to do by Maureen - and was being paid upwards of £10m a year. No excuse. Pep is a vastly superior man manager than Maureen and if he had been Hazard's manager he would have got the best out of him that season when he went missing.

Don’t start having a go at me as I rate them both and they’re very young and might go on to become better BUT if given the full pre season to get to grips with Peps system If we had Hazard on the left instead of Sane and Sanchez on the right for Sterling I think we would be some sort of dream team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.