Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed this the last couple of weeks,while some of the pundits seem to be genuinely lavishing praise on us you've got Neville saying yesterday he really thinks we can go the season undefeated,yet it was only 2 weeks ago he was saying the big test would be the next couple of months when we might toil for results like we did last season after a great start.
You get the feeling some of them feel the best way to attack us at the moment is to build us up so much it's then easy to put the boot in at anything less than a comfortable win.

It is just jealousy mate...take neville towing the line of the invincibles that Martin Keown mentioned first i think a few weeks back, neville the united cockroach that he is said it last night, but look at his face straight afterwards because his eyes told a different story to me.

Some pundits actually recognise that Pep is transforming us to another level

I take it as a compliment that all they now have to try and muddy us with is waiting for a loss......that is sign of how far we have come and how much under the skin we have got

Glorious : )

It is just jealousy mate...take neville towing the line of the invincibles that Martin Keown mentioned first i think a few weeks back, neville the united cockroach that he is said it last night, but look at his face straight afterwards because his eyes told a different story to me.

Some pundits actually recognise that Pep is transforming us to another level

I take it as a compliment that all they now have to try and muddy us with is waiting for a loss......that is sign of how far we have come and how much under the skin we have got

Glorious : )
And when that first defeat happens they will be all over us sticking the knife in,calling for peps head ..

If we can keep up this level of performance throughout the season or even close too this level, any team that does beat us will get plaudits from the media
Let’s just hope it isn’t the rags the wankfest would be off the scale,although I did post in another thread about if we win our next number of games before we play them and maintain or increase our lead,sky won’t want it like that they will want to big up a two horse race so better the rags winning the ref will play a big part in that game I just know if we are still unbeaten we will be fucked over in that game ..

I know I dont have much say in this being a foreigner and from a relatively newer breed of City fans. But I cant think of a reason why us a fanbase collectively give any ounce of attention to the biased media at all, I mean if we are way down the pecking order on daily mail’s website even after playing some of the best football this country has ever seen then let it be, hell I say dont even click their website link, why even let them generate a single penny with our help.

Media can piss off as far as im concerned, they’ll always favor negative narratives when we are involved.

Having said, I do believe there have been really good articles out there by certain journos that could hint in a change in trend. But it’s still not worth it.
Don’t let them make money off you.

I don't expect the papers or the BBC, Sky or BT to be impartial either by making sure that every club has equal treatment in that they have the same column inches each week or by producing articles and features that are perfectly balanced in praise and criticism. We all know that newsmwn have to sell copy and this is a constraint on content, but what I want is objectivity in their coverage of City and this is where I think the coverage of City has been pretty good so far this season. I would like to make my point by considering the "coverage" Pep has given us this season and last. When we got off to a great start last season he was the first to say that we were not playing well enough to win the league; if a reporter or a pundit on the TV had said this we would have been enraged, but he was right. He was not biased but he was objective. This season he has been more objective than we as fans have or as the pundits as analysts have; his message is that we can always improve but we can never be perfect. Again this is a theme that many fans would condemn as wholly negative. We don't see Pep as negative for obvious reasons and yet the media, which suggests that we can go all season undefeated, does this only to demolish us in the future! Let's just enjoy watching the best City team ever, possibly the best English club team ever, and not be so paranoid. Don't worry about biased coverage- City are doing their talking on the pitch and no one can argue with that!

Let’s just hope it isn’t the rags the wankfest would be off the scale,although I did post in another thread about if we win our next number of games before we play them and maintain or increase our lead,sky won’t want it like that they will want to big up a two horse race so better the rags winning the ref will play a big part in that game I just know if we are still unbeaten we will be fucked over in that game ..

I get that totally...but as Pep says one game at a time and lets see if we can remain unbeaten going into the derby. In all honesty it will be interesting to see how the rags setup in this game because they are currently bleating on about their unbeaten home run. He has to attack being the home side but lets see what his mindset is when this game comes around.

I just see us having to much in terms of ability and attacking prowess for them to cope with. They may try and rush out and go for an early goal, after 20 mins they fall back and defend deep, which if happens at home will shut the rag hordes up and anger them towards maureen and his negative setup.

Basically he either chooses to go toe to toe with us and fail, or he sits deep and plays a negative game infront of home crowd and tv camera’s - and fail

I don't expect the papers or the BBC, Sky or BT to be impartial either by making sure that every club has equal treatment in that they have the same column inches each week or by producing articles and features that are perfectly balanced in praise and criticism. We all know that newsmwn have to sell copy and this is a constraint on content, but what I want is objectivity in their coverage of City and this is where I think the coverage of City has been pretty good so far this season. I would like to make my point by considering the "coverage" Pep has given us this season and last. When we got off to a great start last season he was the first to say that we were not playing well enough to win the league; if a reporter or a pundit on the TV had said this we would have been enraged, but he was right. He was not biased but he was objective. This season he has been more objective than we as fans have or as the pundits as analysts have; his message is that we can always improve but we can never be perfect. Again this is a theme that many fans would condemn as wholly negative. We don't see Pep as negative for obvious reasons and yet the media, which suggests that we can go all season undefeated, does this only to demolish us in the future! Let's just enjoy watching the best City team ever, possibly the best English club team ever, and not be so paranoid. Don't worry about biased coverage- City are doing their talking on the pitch and no one can argue with that!

Well said fella, well said

I get that totally...but as Pep says one game at a time and lets see if we can remain unbeaten going into the derby. In all honesty it will be interesting to see how the rags setup in this game because they are currently bleating on about their unbeaten home run. He has to attack being the home side but lets see what his mindset is when this game comes around.

I just see us having to much in terms of ability and attacking prowess for them to cope with. They may try and rush out and go for an early goal, after 20 mins they fall back and defend deep, which if happens at home will shut the rag hordes up and anger them towards maureen and his negative setup.

Basically he either chooses to go toe to toe with us and fail, or he sits deep and plays a negative game infront of home crowd and tv camera’s - and fail

Agree about the derby we will have to much for them all I worry about is the dozen chances we create not going in the net ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.