Leicester (A) Post Match Thread

Well, I’m clear-headed enough to admit that if an opposition player had made that tackle on Jesus or Sergio and they hadn’t been red carded I would have been livid. Where I differ from others is that I honestly believe, hand on heart, that we still would have won. We were that far above them in terms of class. That is the huge difference with the Luiz tackled on Sergio last season. We’d been battering Chelsea all match. Luiz off, and there’s no way Chelsea are winning that. They were already under the cosh. Well, we’ve had some highly malicious decisions against us this season (Walker, Sterling) and, let’s admit it, some highly benign ones (Silva the other day, Vinny yesterday). Unlike last season , it is evening itself out.
Revelling in the three points, but a minor grouse - wish that David Silva had his shooting boots on a bit more often. He should have had a hat-trick yesterday, quite frankly. And I would love to see that happen.

It's fair comment that it's evening itself out this season. We can have no complaints, right now, on that score.

But, traditionally it isn't this stage of the season where we get shit on & the rags get a helping hand, it's when it gets really tough & teams are up against it. That's when the refs usually kick in for them & shit all over us & that"s exactly how it was when we won the league under Mancini. So nothing can be taken for granted just because we have had the run of it recently.

Re Kompany, yes it's a red card, in reality, but based on typical reffing, which isn't based on reality, no it isn't. Stones was close enough to create doubt, level with Vardy, so it's not a red card unless the ref guesses that Vardy will get there before him, which he likely would but not certainly. A sliding tackle, as he ran with the ball, might have rescued it.. It's not the ref's job to guess, he has to be certain & he has to do it without the benefit of a replay to work it out. Had Stones been a few yards wider or in front, Kompany would have been off.

It's fair comment that it's evening itself out this season. We can have no complaints, right now, on that score.

But, traditionally it isn't this stage of the season where we get shit on & the rags get a helping hand, it's when it gets really tough & teams are up against it. That's when the refs usually kick in for them & shit all over us & that"s exactly how it was when we won the league under Mancini. So nothing can be taken for granted just because we have had the run of it recently.

Re Kompany, yes it's a red card, in reality, but based on typical reffing, which isn't based on reality, no it isn't. Stones was close enough to create doubt, level with Vardy, so it's not a red card unless the ref guesses that Vardy will get there before him, which he likely would but not certainly. A sliding tackle, as he ran with the ball, might have rescued it.. It's not the ref's job to guess, he has to be certain & he has to do it without the benefit of a replay to work it out. Had Stones been a few yards wider or in front, Kompany would have been off.

I think it was 50/50 and wouldn't have had too many complaints had he gone. We deserve a bit of fortune this season though after last.

I think it was 50/50 and wouldn't have had too many complaints had he gone. We deserve a bit of fortune this season though after last.

Yes it was. It's easy to say 'oh Vardy would have been away'. But if someone gives you a free ten grand bet Vardy gets a shot away but holds a gun to your head & says if Stones tackles him first, he pulls the trigger, I recon it suddenly looks borderline & you are not taking the bet

Yes it was. It's easy to say 'oh Vardy would have been away'. But if someone gives you a free ten grand bet Vardy gets a shot away but holds a gun to your head & says if Stones tackles him first, he pulls the trigger, I recon it suddenly looks borderline & you are not taking the bet

Evens out the Bournemouth one we didn't get anyway. That was as clear as day.

We deserve about 8 years of biased decisions in our favor for shit to equal out. Kompany has been sent off on several occasions just because the ref wanted us to lose. Can't remember who we were playing a few years ago, but Kompany had the ball getting ready to backpass to Hart, and the opposing striker kicked him in the back of the calf, dragged his studs down his leg, took the ball, and Kompany brought him down from behind. What was a clear yellow card for the striker was called as a red against Vinny. Don't even need to explain the FA cup tie against the rags. Kompany should be allowed to javelin at least a few strikers through the back and out their chests before he sees another red.

Did anyone else notice the amount of empty seats in our end considering it sold out on 13,500 points?

Seemed very strange to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.