Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank.

It doesn't infuriate me. Honest.

I just like highlighting the obvious, mate. :-)

Even though we are top of the PL, 8 points clear, playing the best football, City's article's are still under numerous less worthy article's, such the England Rugby Union article, etc. I can fully appreciate the Daily Fail pampering to the Rags, Liverpool, Arsenal and to a point Chelsea()?, due to their larger fan base, but Spurs? Perhaps with Spurs it's a London thing?

However. The MUEN is a disgrace. There should be no bias, especially not by a local newspaper(?), which if we're honest is mainly read by Mancunians. As you know the MUEN's main team article/header is always United. They have made that decision. Which is then followed by numerous and at times pointless United filler articles as you scroll down the page. Eventually after wading through a load of social media tripe, stories, the distraction of ads, surveys, etc, you finally get to the main City article.

TBH, I'm surprised any City fan can be bothered read it, let alone any neutraul or general football fan wanting to read about City. The MUEN's reporting of both clubs isn't skewed, it's just plain biased. For a local Rag, that's disgraceful.
Are u talking about the online Muen? I buy the paper version every day. The back pages are always where i start. Each night they take it in turns to have city or utd on back page. Have not noticed any bias to utd.

Are u talking about the online Muen? I buy the paper version every day. The back pages are always where i start. Each night they take it in turns to have city or utd on back page. Have not noticed any bias to utd.

Its the online version i think....people need to be aware that the stories that pop up are dependant on clicks and the amount of clicks each story generates gives them a ranking online, the more clicks on a story the higher its ranking and position on the website

Its the online version i think....people need to be aware that the stories that pop up are dependant on clicks and the amount of clicks each story generates gives them a ranking online, the more clicks on a story the higher its ranking and position on the website

The exact same stories tend to crop up elsewhere, so imo it's not necessarily just the MUEN site the clicks are being recorded from.

Yes, the MUEN online.

TBH I don't buy papers anymore. There's enough free garbage online without having to pay for it. I get my internet service free ATM.

Yes, the MUEN online.

TBH I don't buy papers anymore. There's enough free garbage online without having to pay for it. I get my internet service free ATM.

I am lucky/unlucky enough to read the mirror, sun , mail nearly every day , I don't buy them other people do and leave them on the table at work.
I must say they haven't been too bad this season, enjoyed reading the match reports,

I am lucky/unlucky enough to read the mirror, sun , mail nearly every day , I don't buy them other people do and leave them on the table at work.
I must say they haven't been too bad this season, enjoyed reading the match reports,

It's fair to say we're flavour of the first part of the season. But to a man they are waiting for the first defeat or slip up.

Put it this way. If we beat Huddersfield away on Sunday, we should win our next 2 home games against Southampton and West Ham. That takes us to the Derby, and you just know what will follow in the press if United do manage to beat us and stop our unbeaten and winning run.

I can assure you, there will be at least 1 ex-United player or United biased pundit who will say even the ABU's will want United to beat City to stop them running away with the title.

After 1 game against a very average Newcastle side, Pogba is already warning City United will catch us. The press just love it.

It's fair to say we're flavour of the first part of the season. But to a man they are waiting for the first defeat or slip up.

Put it this way. If we beat Huddersfield away on Sunday, we should win our next 2 home games against Southampton and West Ham. That takes us to the Derby, and you just know what will follow in the press if United do manage to beat us and stop our unbeaten and winning run.

I can assure you, there will be at least 1 ex-United player or United biased pundit who will say even the ABU's will want United to beat City to stop them running away with the title.

After 1 game against a very average Newcastle side, Pogba is already warning City United will catch us. The press just love it.
And that last bit I love,whether he’s doing it intentionally or not spouting off,where as have any of our players come out after games spouting we’re gonna win the league no problem,history has shown spouting off the majority of times comes back to bite you on the arse..I like the fact we go on quietly doing it on the pitch,where as others want to shout how great they are after what should be in reality a routine win...

Motd2 the only game they showed from yesterday that included action other than a goal was ibrahimovich substitution and missed chance. Accompanied by the usual sycophantic commentary. Draw your own conclusions. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.