How many of our rivals players would get into our first 11?

Sanchez is the only player who has a shot. Maybe Pep would take Sanchez over aguero, but that's it. I think he loves having really blazing fast wingers so don't see Sanchez over either Sane or Sterling, but Sanchez vs Sterling is close. Can't judge centerbacks since I don't watch enough of any one team to judge them since I believe CBs have to be judged over a longer period of time then most positions to see quality.

Judging by the OP I'll assume this means who'd get into our team ahead of the current crop.

When you take into account the way Pep highly adapts his teams, it's really difficult to argue who'd get in our team. Just think, by changing from Mendy to Delph at LB we significantly changed the way we played, and in a way too that made it work. So given the way we play is heavily tailoured to our current crop anyone who'd get in the team ahead of any one specific player either has to be that damn good (eg Messi) or a direct upgrade (ie they play in an almost identical fashion to one of our players and they're better at it).

Only really Neymar and Messi are playing at a level that means they'd just go into our team, and they don't play in our top 6. As for the second option, the only player that qualifies in that sense would be Hazard over Sterling (Nothing against Raz, but Hazard just happens to be a couple years further ahead). And that's it.

So basically only Hazard.

Although for the sake of it I'll ask how many from other top 6 clubs are good enough for our team though? As in if we'd signed them in the summer would they be playing a big part in our season in some way? First XI or not. Just think about the players Pep could work his magic on.

A good handful I reckon.

I'd take Ozil and Sanchez from Arsenal; Courtois, Alonso, Fabregas, Hazard, Pedro, Morata and probably Christensen from Chelsea; Matip, Can, Coutinho, Mane, Salah and Firmino from Liverpool; De Gea, Pogba, Martial and Rashford from United; Alderweireld, Rose, Dembele, Kane and Eriksen from Tottenham.

I just want to point out that even if there are very few players good enough to displace our own that there are loads of high quality players knocking around. Such that I'm sure if we had signed any of them instead of their respective clubs then they'd have done amazingly. But yeah only Hazard out of those would be good enough to force someone out of our team.

Also I somewhat wished the thread was asking about top 6 instead of our rivals. Then I could have been smart and answered Gundogan and whoever's not starting out of Aguero and Jesus ;)

-Kante over Fernandinho
-Van Dijk(and probably one or two others) over Otamendi
-De Gea over Ederson
-Hazard, Coutinho and Sanchez over Sterling and Sane

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.