City shirt on telly

It's a small thing but significant, in years past whenever a football shirt was spotted in a TV programme it was usually a scum shirt or a Barca shirt or possibly a dippers shirt but I happened to be watching an episode of the latest Big Bang Theory and there in the bar scene, in full display was a guy wearing a city shirt ! It's the little things that let you know how far we have come .
I stopped watching it a few seasons back. Now I've got to watch it again, well until I spot the shirt.

Nick Leeson was definitely an exciting one for me as a kid. I also remember vividly Mike MacClean on the big breakfast doing outside broadcasts with a Horlock 6 away shirt, must r been around 2000/01. Great show before school!

The lad in Morgan's Boy was portrayed as a City fan. Seem to recall there was always a City mug on the table and was there posters up in his bedroom?

Noticed something similar myself. Most adverts or short clips concerning football are using sky blue kits that resemble the man city shirts, shorts and socks. We are definately getting into peoples psyche.

Don't forget our favourite City student hater, Paul Calf. He always had his City shirt on and he had a City scarf and posters on his bedroom walls.
And in the episode when he joined the cult so he could get some free sex,he taught all the other cult followers on the mini-bus to sing
"The famous Man United went to Rome to see the Pope,
And this is what he said."

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.