Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good article by Adam Bate, well worth reading.

It's worth watching Martin Samuel on City on Sunday Supplement. Having done so then seen the comments above I think a number of you are missing the point. If you want more coverage and better coverage WE ALL need to do the same thing

1. Start reading every on line article about City.

2. If it's really negative (not just a possible snide dig) leave a comment (try not to sound too mental)

3. If it's good leave a positive comment, share on Twitter or Facebook (ideally comments should praise the writer - let's praise those who praise us - well done Adam Bate)

4. Never ever click on a rag story, even a negative one or to laugh at them it's all the same in the world of click.

This is a propaganda war, we will win or lose by Clicks (on the field we are battering them so that obviously helps)

Good article by Adam Bate, well worth reading.

It's worth watch Martin Samuel on City on Sunday Supplement. Having done so then seen the comments above I think a number of you are missing the point. If you want more coverage and better coverage WE ALL need to do the same thing

1. Start reading every on line article about City.

2. If it's really negative (not just a possible snide dig) leave a comment (try not to sound too mental)

3. If it's good leave a positive comment (ideally about the writer - let's praise those who praise us - well done Adam Bate)

4. Never ever click on a rag story, even a negative one or to laugh at them it's all the same in the world of click.

This is a propaganda war, we will win or lose by Clicks (on the field we are battering them so that obviously helps)
It's a war we can't win in the world of online news.
United have legions of drones around the world desperate to feel a part of the premier league and will click on any old shite with their name on it.
To me the joke is on the advertisers as they pay good money to advertise products in those papers that are completely ignored or unavailable in the land of the drones.
It's a war we can't win.
Ignore the fuckers and eventually they will,die when they've limited their market to just the select few

A very good article. Would just add, it’s inevitable we are in the bottom 3 for tackles, as we nearly always already have the ball

I don't know if this has been mentioned but whenever City was mentioned Jeff Stelling kept banging on all through the match updates on Soccer Saturday that Vinny should have had a red card. He was like a dog with a bone. He also suggested that when Leicester hit the post that Silva had handled the ball on the line. His face was like a slapped arse when Le Tissier put him right.

Sky Sports

As Manchester City continue to devour Premier League opposition, Pep Guardiola is being completely vindicated by his decision to stay true to his ideas about the game. His critics should accept that they are being proven emphatically wrong, writes Adam Bate.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...g-his-critics-look-foolish-at-manchester-city

Last season, we were all told, ad nauseum, that Guardiola had underestimated the Premier League. Doe this now mean that the experts underestimated Guardiola or that they had overestimated the Premier League?

Don’t buy it...if they want to keep peddling that line, how is it ever going to change? Just seems such an easy and lazy narrative to pimp out. Hardly surprising if the ratio is 10 articles to our 1!

How does it change ?
Well over time but until then the media follow their subscription base as they always have done. Their market research tells them where to sell and as they struggle with the digital changes they put more and more resources into subscribers. They are struggling to keep up with technology as papers lose circulation so money or lack of it is the only motivater they need. Obviously if the journos are anti City and pro United this helps their current cause but forget fairness and truth when survival is the name of the game.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

I think the change will be from the much younger generation whereas ADUG target the global base of new supporters throughout the world.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but whenever City was mentioned Jeff Stelling kept banging on all through the match updates on Soccer Saturday that Vinny should have had a red card. He was like a dog with a bone. He also suggested that when Leicester hit the post that Silva had handled the ball on the line. His face was like a slapped arse when Le Tissier put him right.
If you look closely the ball was going wide until it took a slight deflection of a City player and hit the post.Stelling is just another tosser who hates us.The only one with a brain on that programme is Matt le Tiss.

If you look closely the ball was going wide until it took a slight deflection of a City player and hit the post.Stelling is just another tosser who hates us.The only one with a brain on that programme is Matt le Tiss.

I'm surprised Le Tissier still has a job on there, nowhere near sensationalist enough, he just tells it as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.