Leicester (A) Post Match Thread

Well there were five guys in front of me stood in three seats.
Some just go and stand with their mates rather than in their seats

Fair point, I did the same to stand with my dad but they're seemed to be a few rows to the left of us that weren't very full at all.

There were plenty of people stood in the aisles rather than in their seats as well. Two lads near me missed both the goals and were so off their faces it's a wonder they even knew where they were. Another was sat in his seat and slept for pretty much the whole game - I just don't see the point. If you want a laugh with your mates then save yourself £30 quid and don't come to the match...

First time I've noticed it tbh mate,i can see the humour in it just not a fan of it,feels bit small minded,playing this incredible football breaking records etc and we're singing we're just a shit man United lol..if the shoe was on other foot this season and United we're smashing it I doubt they would be singing that about us,If we win the champions league would we sing it then also? Lol...dunno maybe im overthinking it and need to loosen up :) lol

Loosen up is my suggestion. It works because we are so clearly better than united - now. In the past it would get right up our noses just to be compared with a poor Stockport County, no fans sang your just a shit Manure because we weren't even close enough to them to be shit. Its almost a compliment now when they (opposition fans) recognise it should wind us up as obviously manure are way below our level. Turning it round and chanting it back to them shows them its not an issue with us and shuts them up. I have heard our fans sing it at a few games now in reply and the opposition fans have never sung it twice.

Yes it was. It's easy to say 'oh Vardy would have been away'. But if someone gives you a free ten grand bet Vardy gets a shot away but holds a gun to your head & says if Stones tackles him first, he pulls the trigger, I recon it suddenly looks borderline & you are not taking the bet

I think there was enough doubt for the ref to give Vinnie the benefit of the doubt but I'm biased.

Had Vinnie gone, I think we might very well still have won the game but he didn't and the rest is history.

Can we just take another moment to appreciate the first thing Kev did - looking over his shoulder on the run, takes the ball out of the air with first touch, second touch bangs it half a pitch into the path of Sane. Wonderful.

Can't remember who we were playing a few years ago, but Kompany had the ball getting ready to backpass to Hart, and the opposing striker kicked him in the back of the calf, dragged his studs down his leg, took the ball, and Kompany brought him down from behind. What was a clear yellow card for the striker was called as a red against Vinny.
Hull away, I think. Javi Garcia went into centre-back and Demichelis took absolute control of the defense from that game on - he was utterly brilliant in the final push for the title.

Hull away, I think. Javi Garcia went into centre-back and Demichelis took absolute control of the defense from that game on - he was utterly brilliant in the final push for the title.

Superb game that, like you say Garcia and Demichelis were quality, as was Silva's goal.

Can we just take another moment to appreciate the first thing Kev did - looking over his shoulder on the run, takes the ball out of the air with first touch, second touch bangs it half a pitch into the path of Sane. Wonderful.
was a v good goal, much appreciated....You're forgetting Fernys pass to start it off.... I though the whole move was not appreciated by MoTD, brilliant team goal.

Is it true Pep said wow at the first goal? Anyone got footage?

That's actually a good example. It's not a pen because it hit his leg first, but we lost a League Cup semi at Anfield on an instance far less of a pen, against Richards. So it can be given, just like the red card, but probably shouldn't be.
i think it's a tough one. If the player was standing on the goal line and the ball bounced up against his hand and stopped it going in I would be sure it was a penalty..... Likewise that ball was going to Sterling who would probably have scored. Having said that I dont think this was a penalty in this instance but I also dont think ball to hand is a clear cut no decision, whatever though it shows what a difficult job the ref has to make the call on the spot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.