Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Matt Le Tissier the player that was vilified during his playing career because he was studying for a University degree whilst playing football? Obviously has the brains whilst most of them just have the braun. He wasn't 'one of the lads'!!!
Ditto Graeme Le saux for reading newspapers that actually had news.

Be honest, he's hardly hampered by the opposition is he. Merson, Thompson and Nicholas aren't exactly renowned for their razor like wit and sparkling repartee. It's become a 'jobs for the boys' programme and is far worse as a result.

My favourite of Charlie 'braincell' Nicholas was when he tipped Aguero to be the PL's flop signing of the season back at the start of the 2011/2012 campaign. The man's a visionary

It's a war we can't win in the world of online news.
United have legions of drones around the world desperate to feel a part of the premier league and will click on any old shite with their name on it.
To me the joke is on the advertisers as they pay good money to advertise products in those papers that are completely ignored or unavailable in the land of the drones.
It's a war we can't win.
Ignore the fuckers and eventually they will,die when they've limited their market to just the select few

Depends on how long the war is.

We cannot escape from the fact that other teams have many more fans than us and we may never equal some of those teams but we can close the gap and eventually overtake some. Can we overtake them all? Who knows but it will be difficult and take a long time. Lots of if's and and's. If Pep stayed for 10 years - very unlikely- and consistently has City playing as he wants, lots of young kids will flock to the cause. If Pep's successor(s) keep playing the City way that is being developed, trophies and entertainment will follow and the supporter base will grow.

Not that I care too much how much media coverage we get compared to other teams but I'm sure the club do because it helps in the war if they get more positive coverage. The club will want to build the supporter base for business reasons.

Fair enough.

Pogba with Lukaku and Lingard celebrating after beating Newcastle. Don't worry, I'm not going to post the video. It's on the Daily Fail online for the 500mill+ plastics to watch.

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

He's got a 'roid belly.

And that last bit I love,whether he’s doing it intentionally or not spouting off,where as have any of our players come out after games spouting we’re gonna win the league no problem,history has shown spouting off the majority of times comes back to bite you on the arse..I like the fact we go on quietly doing it on the pitch,where as others want to shout how great they are after what should be in reality a routine win...

I love the whole humble on game at a time approach that Pep and the club espouses. The club tries to recruit a certain type of individual but they also clearly brief them on how to handle the media. It's no accident that our don't spout off like other club's are seen to.

The best thing any club can do regarding the media is do the business on the pitch and let performances speak for themselves.

Don't know why but I find this thread fascinating. Imo, there is a clear media bias which reflects the bias in the football watching population as a whole. That said, I don't give a flying @£%>.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.