West Brom - Pulis sacked (page 4)

I've grown to forgive tracksuit Tony for some of his shite football and bitterness that he has aimed at us over the years. In fact, since 'Crystanbul' I've grown a slight soft spot for old clubshop. His half-time team talk against the dippers to get Palace from 3-0 down back to 3-3 must have been absolutely phenomenal. Like Al Pacino from 'Any given Sunday' but with whiter trainers.

He always seemed to send his teams out to kick the shit out of our players, McClean the most recent super thug to grace his team, not to mention Yacob, who didn't need any instruction to kick anything that moved.
Can't say I'm sorry to seem go

So wrong, he has failed because his teams are boring thugs who prefer to kick talent off the park rather than compete. I do not believe there is a football fan in the country that would welcome him to their club even if it means avoiding relegation. We suffered Stuart Pearce and he has more ability than club shop, so Blues know shite football when they have to watch it. Pulis did well at Gillingham, even that was above his level.

Yeah, that's a load of shit.

Getting a football managers job is like buying a no lose lottery ticket. Most get a three year deal minimum and are well paid. If you totally fuck it up after a year they sack you and pay you a big lump sum of cash for being a failure, I don't feel sorry for any of them.

Most people say Pullis is a decent man and he did the job he had to do with the cash and players at his disposal. The owners are happy with that and only take action if their cash cow of premier league money looks in jeopardy. The fan's might moan and want entertaining football but the owners don't care. If Pullis suddenly changed tactics and attacked and they got thrashed every week they would be screaming he should tighten things up.

Aside from the top six, the rags aside, as they play anti football, only Bournemouth and Watford try to be a bit more adventurous. Fear rules the game.

It's a bit harsh to call Pulis a failure imo. He's good at keeping clubs up but that's his limit. There's a group of managers who excel at either getting clubs into the PL or keeping them there. Bruce, Warnock, Holloway will get you into the top flight while Pulis & Allardyce will keep you there. They're never going to finish in the top 6 but they're good enough to do a specific job. They guy who owns 3 mini-markets may run those stores very well but he probably ain't going to be able to run Tesco.

The problems start when owners want more than just survival. Once those first three named above have got you into the PL then you should sack them because they're unlikely to be able to keep you there.

I always remember Charlton sacking Curbishley because they thought they should be better than they were and look where they are now.

The other problem is the PL and the money available to even very mediocre teams. Teams should be given an incentive to finish as high as possible not to merely survive. At the moment the PL is paying out about £2. 5bn in prize money but only £2.5m extra per place finished. Make that £25m per place and teams might be encouraged to play football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.