Denis Law debut. 1960. Away kit colour !

Yes, I can confirm that. I was at the match and remember it being a gold/black kit. I remember Jack Charlton playing, though he was a long way from being an England player at that stage.
We lost 4-3 and Denis scored one of the goals. I think Colin Barlow scored another, plus an o.g.

They did play in gold and black and then moved back to the maroon kit
well i never, you learn something new every day, so what colours have we used for away kits,Gold, red/black, white with red and black sach, blue with red and white sach,maroon,silver,black, yellow,dark blue,high viz yellow and black,pinky redy maroon this years, any more ?

This was the only game I remember wen City wore gold and black. In those days Leeds played in blue shirts with yellow sleeves and white shorts,. It was Revie who changed to all white to make them look like Real Madris although they've often had blue and yellow piping on the kit.

well i never, you learn something new every day, so what colours have we used for away kits,Gold, red/black, white with red and black sach, blue with red and white sach,maroon,silver,black, yellow,dark blue,high viz yellow and black,pinky redy maroon this years, any more ?

Maroon with white (or possibly yellow - it was hard to tell) thin candy stripes and white sleeves with white shorts and yellow socks were worn at home against Preston in 1965-66. There was snow on the ground and with Preston playing in white and City's sky blue being quite pale at that time City opted to wear the away strip for this home game.

City turned out in all white at Chelsea in 1966-67 although before kick off the ref made them change their white socks for red because Chelsea wore white siocks. They were probably Chelsea's away socks.

There's footage of us (Pathé) I think, playing Spurs in the 1950s, where we are wearing amber shirts with maroon shorts.
The kit in the Law debut must have been like the Wolves kit.

Maroon with white (or possibly yellow - it was hard to tell) thin candy stripes and white sleeves with white shorts and yellow socks were worn at home against Preston in 1965-66. There was snow on the ground and with Preston playing in white and City's sky blue being quite pale at that time City opted to wear the away strip for this home game.

City turned out in all white at Chelsea in 1966-67 although before kick off the ref made them change their white socks for red because Chelsea wore white siocks. They were probably Chelsea's away socks.
I was at that Chelsea game 0-0,my first ever trip to London.

I think in those days Leeds shirts were yellow and blue halves, so i would not have thought City would be playing in gold.
Don Revie changed their strip to all white a la Real Madrid in 1961 or 62.
City's usual away colour at that time was maroon.

The footage of the match seems to suggest Leeds were not in y/blue halves or white and City were in a yellow/gold coloured top

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.