Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when we played them at Maine Road (third round I think) and Tueart stuck one on their centre half. Newcastle supporters seemed more upset about it than Hartlepool's, but perhaps Stelling is carrying a long term grudge.

I was at that game too. Tueart knocked Potter, the Hartlepool captain, out cold with that headbutt. I remember the following day's Sunday Express main editorial in full outrage mode that a wealthy 1st division player may well have ruined the career of a 4th division player who played for peanuts. What they, and most other media outlets, overlooked was that Potter had just aimed a deliberate scything kick directly at Tueart's knee which, if it had connected, would have most likely ended his career. Although Tueart reacted badly and deserved to be sent off the ref waved away Hartlepool's attempt to send a sub on and sent Potter off too despite him being carried off unconscious on a stretcher. Potter may well be the only player ever sent off while unconscious.

I was at that game too. Tueart knocked Potter, the Hartlepool captain, out cold with that headbutt. I remember the following day's Sunday Express main editorial in full outrage mode that a wealthy 1st division player may well have ruined the career of a 4th division player who played for peanuts. What they, and most other media outlets, overlooked was that Potter had just aimed a deliberate scything kick directly at Tueart's knee which, if it had connected, would have most likely ended his career. Although Tueart reacted badly and deserved to be sent off the ref waved away Hartlepool's attempt to send a sub on and sent Potter off too despite him being carried off unconscious on a stretcher. Potter may well be the only player ever sent off while unconscious.
Something in the back of my mind tells me that Potter & Tueart were actually mates

I was at the game also and if I remember correctly Potter had been kicking Tueart all the game.

Might just be the best article I've read on City this season.

Brilliant article. I'm loving this para...

"Kyle Walker was derided as not being worth £50m. Now City's success is guaranteed precisely because he cost the club £50m. Benjamin Mendy was not cheap either but this does not quite explain Fabian Delph's passable impersonation of David Alaba."

My favourite of Charlie 'braincell' Nicholas was when he tipped Aguero to be the PL's flop signing of the season back at the start of the 2011/2012 campaign. The man's a visionary

Yeah ,remember that, Aguero the flop, Charlie Adam to Clanfield the top. You could not make it up, but Mr Nicholas did.

DT was a complete coward that day and I`ll never forget the stunned silence when he flew 20 yards and landed a full nut job on the lad who if IRC had his eye socket broken. Had he stcuk one on Potter with his hands then I wouldn`t be writing this piece,but to use his head was disgraceful and even DT was full of remorse after the incident and so he should have been.
DT was always my favourite player,even upon his return to us from America,but that was totally out of order.
Had this happened on the street DT would have served time.

Brilliant article. I'm loving this para...

"Kyle Walker was derided as not being worth £50m. Now City's success is guaranteed precisely because he cost the club £50m. Benjamin Mendy was not cheap either but this does not quite explain Fabian Delph's passable impersonation of David Alaba."

A classic line. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.