Leicester (A) Post Match Thread

There were plenty of people stood in the aisles rather than in their seats as well. Two lads near me missed both the goals and were so off their faces it's a wonder they even knew where they were. Another was sat in his seat and slept for pretty much the whole game - I just don't see the point. If you want a laugh with your mates then save yourself £30 quid and don't come to the match...
Beginning to notice this more and more.

Loosen up is my suggestion. It works because we are so clearly better than united - now. In the past it would get right up our noses just to be compared with a poor Stockport County, no fans sang your just a shit Manure because we weren't even close enough to them to be shit. Its almost a compliment now when they (opposition fans) recognise it should wind us up as obviously manure are way below our level. Turning it round and chanting it back to them shows them its not an issue with us and shuts them up. I have heard our fans sing it at a few games now in reply and the opposition fans have never sung it twice.
It does shut them up as well.
And if we had have gone three or four up, you're just a shit Leicester City would have gone down a treat

I liked this from the end of Paul Wilson's match report...

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...y-manchester-city-premier-league-match-report

"Perhaps Manchester City are not yet as clinical as they would like to be, but towards the end of the game, when Maguire was eventually booked for fouling Sterling twice in the same move at either end of the pitch, you could tell Leicester had had enough of being run ragged. Normally one of the most energetic teams, they just wanted the match to be over.

While this draining effect on opponents might be nothing new for Guardiola, it is a significant, not to say ominous, development for opponents of Manchester City."

Indeed. -)

It's fair comment that it's evening itself out this season. We can have no complaints, right now, on that score.

But, traditionally it isn't this stage of the season where we get shit on & the rags get a helping hand, it's when it gets really tough & teams are up against it. That's when the refs usually kick in for them & shit all over us & that"s exactly how it was when we won the league under Mancini. Sosupply same to some reputable investigative journalist nothing can be taken for granted just because we have had the run of it recently.

Re Kompany, yes it's a red card, in reality, but based on typical reffing, which isn't based on reality, no it isn't. Stones was close enough to create doubt, level with Vardy, so it's not a red card unless the ref guesses that Vardy will get there before him, which he likely would but not certainly. A sliding tackle, as he ran with the ball, might have rescued it.. It's not the ref's job to guess, he has to be certain & he has to do it without the benefit of a replay to work it out. Had Stones been a few yards wider or in front, Kompany would have been off.
This is total drivel and not for the first time. Refs are human they make mistakes(too many) but they do not set out to rob us of points. If you have clear cut evidence to the contrary please supply same to some reputable investigative journalist who I am sure pursue the matter in an appropriate fashion. In the meantime sit back and enjoy the great performances our players are providing.

I liked this from the end of Paul Wilson's match report...

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...y-manchester-city-premier-league-match-report

"Perhaps Manchester City are not yet as clinical as they would like to be, but towards the end of the game, when Maguire was eventually booked for fouling Sterling twice in the same move at either end of the pitch, you could tell Leicester had had enough of being run ragged. Normally one of the most energetic teams, they just wanted the match to be over.

While this draining effect on opponents might be nothing new for Guardiola, it is a significant, not to say ominous, development for opponents of Manchester City."

Indeed. -)

It's a brilliant tactic, works best against teams in the lower half of the table and it's quite noticeable towards the end of a few games this season teams have been putting up the white flag

Can we just take another moment to appreciate the first thing Kev did - looking over his shoulder on the run, takes the ball out of the air with first touch, second touch bangs it half a pitch into the path of Sane. Wonderful.

and Ferdy looking for the telling pass out ,just a couple of seconds after they hit the post when it would have been a lot easier just to clear it.

Good result, another game gone and still with a 8pts in front of the rags. Overall it was a good performance where we lost 4-2 last season. Lucky with Vinny should have been a straight red, however Vinny got away with that bad tackle. Now on to the next game in the Champions League.

i think it's a tough one. If the player was standing on the goal line and the ball bounced up against his hand and stopped it going in I would be sure it was a penalty..... Likewise that ball was going to Sterling who would probably have scored. Having said that I dont think this was a penalty in this instance but I also dont think ball to hand is a clear cut no decision, whatever though it shows what a difficult job the ref has to make the call on the spot

Some refs would have given a pen for that. I didn't think it was one. Not much he could do about it for me. That's the difficult one. Some would have sent Kompany off.

This is total drivel and not for the first time. Refs are human they make mistakes(too many) but they do not set out to rob us of points. If you have clear cut evidence to the contrary please supply same to some reputable investigative journalist who I am sure pursue the matter in an appropriate fashion. In the meantime sit back and enjoy the great performances our players are providing.

Why should I ?

i don't give a shit whether you agree or not.

Do it yourself.

It's a brilliant tactic, works best against teams in the lower half of the table and it's quite noticeable towards the end of a few games this season teams have been putting up the white flag

The thing is, yes, we have world class players who give us a huge advantage, but knocking the ball around the way City, & indeed Pep's Barca used to do, should not be beyond any player, playing Premier League football. Different matter turning that into goals, but all teams should be good enough to play possession.

When Stones has been passing the ball out to midfielders in the England team, they receive it without having a fucking clue if they are about to be tackled or (as is often the case) they have 20 yards of free space behind them. The result is usually one of two options, a hurried back or square, negative pass, or a blind turn into trouble.

England did not used to have fucking donkeys like that playing international level, & back in the 60s & early 70s all the teams in the old first division had some players who, had pitches allowed for it, would have had no trouble learning Pep's way of playing. Most of Joe Mercer's team could have adapted to it.

Football in this country stopped learning, decades ago apart from learning, basically they needed to get fitter.

Pep is dragging these fucks, kicking & screaming, into the 21st century. If he hangs around, they will have no choice but to adapt. Unfortunately, his 'main rival' has the answer of making everyone bigger. Football needs Utd to fail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.