Interview with Nolito

I could never fault his work rate. He tore around the pitch and had some decent pace. He just didn’t fit in with the boss plan.

I thought he was a strange signing. His attributes never really seemed to be in line with those required for a Pep type player. Had a knack of being in the right place at the right time but other than that was an extremely limited player. When he mentioned his daughter being a vampire that did it for me. Was glad we were able to get some money back for him, if he stayed any longer it would have ended up being a terrible piece of business.

Please explain.

Didn't like his attitude anyway, was always a liability and a possibly sending off which I think is one of the reasons he stopped playing. Also don't lie the way he slags off Manchester, he must have known what it was like before coming and will have spoke to the number of players he listed in the article. He also seems to think very highly of himself without really backing it up. He was always better than navas but who wouldn't be but didn't and soesn't deserve to be starting for us.

I could never fault his work rate. He tore around the pitch and had some decent pace. He just didn’t fit in with the boss plan.
Good luck to the guy, but decent pace is pushing it a bit in my memory, he was a reasonably skill full , competent player but pace wasn't one of his attributes at least not for a wideman.

Fair play to him, he has clarified his earlier comments which seemed a bit disrespectful.

Imo he just wasn't quick enough to play his role & that's it. Nothing wrong with his footballing ability.
His speed wouldn't have been such an issue if we had a pacey left back that could contribute going forward.

I lost respect for him when he came out with that crap about his daughter looking like she lived in a cave. Couldn't he be arsed to do a spot of research before he signed for us? If he did, he'd have known that East Manchester (or even Hale Barns, Prestbury, Mere, Mottram etc etc) is not exactly the Costa Del Sol. Or did the paycheque blind him? If he couldn't settle, or simply didn't like Manchester (blasphemer!), all he had to do was say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.