Goretzka (Signed for Bayern Munich)

Not to be NN but I'm not sure why his score is so much higher after fleshing out the stats(goals scored perhaps but that's not what we need) his pass completion(vital for our system) and successful take ons(ability to hold onto the ball) are the lowest of the 3 but he is only 22y.o and does play in a different system so maybe Pep can work with him.
http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...ons/fouls_committed/blocks/yellow_cards#total

He's far, far better at the defensive side of the game, that's why.

We do need to up his pass completion(take a look at Fernandinho's... probably still the most amount of passes in our team) but as I said he's young Pep will know if he has what it takes if we do sign him.
He's playing the safe pass less often and taking more risks from what I've seen when he's played for Germany, his pass % would jump quite a bit in Fernandinho's role.

He's playing the safe pass less often and taking more risks from what I've seen when he's played for Germany, his pass % would jump quite a bit in Fernandinho's role.
I did wonder if it could have been down to the system/role he plays in, stats are just a rough guide, plus he can learn from the man himself our Dinho. I think we need to sign someone in Jan for cover anyway.

Its Mullock who has said we are interested so there must we some sort of interest.

Apparently we see him as a DM, which is music to my ears as we desperately need quality backup to Fernandinho.

No way did Pep anticipate Fernandinho playing as much as he has so far this season in my opinion.

I fear if he carries on as he is he will be burnt out by February.

This. Not in his 20s anymore.

I did wonder if it could have been down to the system/role he plays in stats are just a rough guide, plus he can learn from the man himself our Dinho. I think we need to sign someone in Jan for cover anyway.
Agree to be honest Yaya has looked well off the pace and will need a lengthy run of games (as always) to get to near his best, a replacement looks a better option.

Not to be NN but I'm not sure why his score is so much higher after fleshing out the stats(goals scored perhaps but that's not what we need):

His pass completion which is vital for our system... at 76% is 10% lower than the other two in that comparison.

Successful take ons(perhaps the most indicative of ability to hold onto the ball if need be) is way lower at 29%.

However he is only 22y.o and does play in a different system so maybe Pep can work with him.

I can't justify his low take ons, but the pass completion depend on his team as well.

You can usually see 4/5 live games from Germany,Italy and France via BT sport every weekend.
I thought that might have been a source. I stopped consuming football like a crackhead (Not saying you or anyone else is one Lol :-)) around 2013. It dawned on me that with German, Italian, French, Spanish, Dutch, MLS, Brazilian, Premier League & Championship football, I could watch wall to wall football non-stop throughout a weekend.

It dawned on me that I'd stopped doing EVERYTHING else at weekends (since the takeover) apart from consuming football. Pre-takeover, I'd come home from matches & couldn't bear to watch any other teams because it further illustrated how shit we'd become under Pearce. We'd played better football in our relegation seasons than we did during his reign. The 5-6 years after the takeover were lost to football.

The family are relieved! :-)

I know it s strange, beeing 30yo with 2 children, but mainly from playing fifa. I play fifa and I watch a lot of football: Rapid Bucharest, City, Hertha, Celta, Parma, Torino, St Etienne, Besiktas, Panathinaikos (mainly) every time is on tv and other derby s from across Europe; so every time I see someone rated by fifa(gaming), I watch him with more care on tv. So mainly from playing fifa.
Does FIFA give an accurate reflection of a player? I'm sure I could have a team of legends and you the Dog & Duck, and you'd still run up a cricket score against me! :-)

To be honest, I'd never heard of the dude before this thread. It's always amazed me how our fans get such in depth knowledge of players and see so many of them in action.

Open Question:

Where do you all watch these players and learn so much about them to form your individual opinions?
He has been dubbed a future phenom for about 3 years now. And the Confed cup that Germany won was kinda his coming out party (I.e even if you didn't watch the Bundesliga much, you could have caught him in that tournament).

That said, there has always been an argument here as to how much of a player you need to see to have well versed opinion on him. Some say 10 or more.

Others say a little less. I have long been of the opinion that it really depends on who is doing the watching.

For example, most of our fans have watched all our players day in and day out for years, yet the opinions they hold of some of our players are just flat out erroneous.

I personally use a combination of all tools at my disposal... Watch full games ofthem, watch highlights of their best moments, watch highlights of there every touch, review there documented statistic on multiple sites, then compare those stays to known good players at their position.

By the time you go thru this process with any player (including our players) it is hard not to have a well developed opinion of said player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.