Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep already decided to replace him so it is what it is. Let s hope that he does well this season and he leaves whith PL and CL medals. Really like him, nice character, never said a bad word about the club.

When Kompany came back against Chelsea last season, he was then rested for the midweek game, before playing straight through for the remainder of the season. I would imagine we might see he and Mangala rotate alongside Otamendi in the coming weeks, with Mangala doing more of the midweek games.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't replaced in January unless he still refuses to go anywhere but Inter and City still want a fee.

I hope he can do some sort of a job till then but the trouble is he doesn't understand anything but the most basic of systems and doesn't learn. It's clear Pep doesn't trust him and he only features in an emergency. Unfortunately this might be one.

It will be a relief if/when we finally buy another centre back that isn't JFE.

he did the presser today , of course he is playing tomorrow but with John out and Vinny unreliable fitness , think pep may give him a run for a few games to get his confidence going ?

I'd be surprised if he wasn't replaced in January unless he still refuses to go anywhere but Inter and City still want a fee.

I hope he can do some sort of a job till then but the trouble is he doesn't understand anything but the most basic of systems and doesn't learn. It's clear Pep doesn't trust him and he only features in an emergency. Unfortunately this might be one.

It will be a relief if/when we finally buy another centre back that isn't JFE.
I cannot agree. He has improved in playing Peps system and, whilst he isnt the best at it yet, he has adapted and therefore learned . Lets just get behind the lad

I cannot agree. He has improved in playing Peps system and, whilst he isnt the best at it yet, he has adapted and therefore learned . Lets just get behind the lad

This. I've always tried to support him but after the Wolves game I lost all belief. Thought he played really well against Leicester and was solid in his passing, which looks to have improved. Was fully expecting him to make a mistake leading to a game but it didn't happen.

He starts with Otamendi tomorrow for me and will probably have to start with him again vs Soton as we are unlikely to risk Kompany in 3 consecutive matches.

If he plays like he did against Leicester, I'll be satisfied but hopefully he even manages to improve on that performance.

Yep. I thought he did alright against Leicester. He played a couple of excellent passes & his defending was solid.

You have to admire they guy. He's obviously aware of the criticism levelled at him from some quarters, but he remains a positive, upbeat and professional part of our club and for that we should be grateful, others in a similar situation would be crying to the press or through their agent and be in a perma mood. He deserves our full support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.