Rumoured Newcastle takeover

Got to be another middle east fund having seen the success of the sheikh at city and fancying a bit of that.
Qatar? Too tied up with PSG.
Dubai? Possibly. Publicity etc would be attractive.
Kuwait? Can't see them wanting the football related marketing publicity like AD.
Bahrain? Maybe but too small and volatile perhaps.
Saudi? Got to think would welcome some positive PR. New broom sweeping clean recently getting a grip on corruption.

Wonder what the barcodes would make of closing SJP and having a new stadium out of toon though.
Stand by for FC Newcastle.
Wonder what Shearer would make of that.

Not to piss on the Geordies chips but I'd have thought with the FFP rules voted for by the Premier Clubs back 4 years ago will stop them splashing City amounts of cash or getting even close.

I think it's different for new owners, I seem to recall AC Milan and Inter's owners getting UEFA to relax the rules, not that that'll matter in the immediate for Newcastle unless they end up in the Europa League.

The Premier League's wage FFP rule may be the hardest to bypass, only a £7m increase per season unless they make it up commercially. However newly promoted sides are allowed to increase their wage bill to £67m (not sure what it is at the moment) but that could give them some leeway.

Got to be another middle east fund having seen the success of the sheikh at city and fancying a bit of that.
Qatar? Too tied up with PSG.
Dubai? Possibly. Publicity etc would be attractive.
Kuwait? Can't see them wanting the football related marketing publicity like AD.
Bahrain? Maybe but too small and volatile perhaps.
Saudi? Got to think would welcome some positive PR. New broom sweeping clean recently getting a grip on corruption.

Wonder what the barcodes would make of closing SJP and having a new stadium out of toon though.
Stand by for FC Newcastle.
Wonder what Shearer would make of that.
The rumours earlier was that it was basically a Staveley led investment consortium of private investors, many of whom were from the Middle East.

Always quite liked the toon so breast of luck to them I say.
Hope they do well but not too well though hey lads!

Not happy. We don't need another rival it's bad enough with the rags and chavs almost matching us for transfer funds. Hopefully they won't catch us up. Would be nice to have a spell of City dominance like Liverpool in the 80s and rags in the 90s.

It's a big gap from the fourth place trophy to the top, I'm please for them the dippers/rags & arse will be even more worried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.