New drivers and car insurance dilemma.

Yes tublu I have considered this and would organise it for her if it helps reduce.
She may not like waiting another month but if it keeps her breathing then fair fooks.
I did offer this immediatly when she passed a few months back but it was met with an utter wall of silence.

Pass plus is good because it takes them out on the motorway and delves more into driving through adverse weather conditions.
I will ring a few insurance companies up come the morrow and get their thoughts.
I do understand though that all they may only be concerned with is taking on new business and not advising the Royal bank of Mum and Dad how to save on premiums ?

If any one can advise on type of car engine size or particar model I am all ears.
Sorry mate I'm afraid you're going to have take the hit I have twice for both car and insurance and I'm as tight as a ducks arse.Both mine had fiestas as starter cars,best I can advise is comparison sites but for new drivers there ain't many great deals out there, putting wife on policy helped a bit but not much. All I will say is at 24 should drop dramatically after first year if she's accident free. Afraid its part of being a dad you're about to get shafted to keep em smiling. "Awe Dad but it's nearly Christmas"

Sorry mate I'm afraid you're going to have take the hit I have twice for both car and insurance and I'm as tight as a ducks arse.Both mine had fiestas as starter cars,best I can advise is comparison sites but for new drivers there ain't many great deals out there, putting wife on policy helped a bit but not much. All I will say is at 24 should drop dramatically after first year if she's accident free.

Afraid its part of being a dad you're about to get shafted to keep em smiling. "Awe Dad but it's nearly Christma
s"

As long as they give me gas and air.
I understand the concept that I have to be bummed senseless but I just dont want to get bummed as much as the guy in the queue next to me.
Magic figure is 25 yr old and if she keeps her head down and accident free then year two will be very good to go.

But there has to be a way to negate this first years cost and knowledge is everything.
Maybe they tailor just to the vehicle grouping or maybe they tailor to factors were not even privvy too.

vintage-bycycle-basket-near-old-house-37910717.jpg

It fits four does it with one in the basket ?
And Rozzendorf ain't no Amsterdam.
Hill people : /

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when I bought my first car, insurance groups didn't seem to indicate much. I ended up getting an insurance group 9 Nissan (I think they've changed the system now) for a couple of hundred cheaper than they were quoting for an insurance group 7 Honda. And it was only third party too. My suspicion is that since it's all based on not particularly scientific use of statistics, if you get a type of car mainly owned by people who don't have a lot of accidents, you might find it cheaper to insure than other cars that a supposedly in the same or lower groups.

When I was looking, I just went on Autotrader and used the number plates in the photos to get shitloads of quotes. I think at the time, Tesco's website allowed you to save your details so you could just change the car details without changing anything else and get a new quote really quickly. I assume there are still websites when you can do this.

No mate you misunderstand my poorly worded thesis.It's me that didn't explain it correctly and my bad.
I meant that the insurance would be in her name but with me as an added driver.
With my driving record of zero hits in 38 years it may carry sway ?
It wont mate the company only really bothered with main driver

Yes tublu I have considered this and would organise it for her if it helps reduce.
She may not like waiting another month but if it keeps her breathing then fair fooks.
I did offer this immediatly when she passed a few months back but it was met with an utter wall of silence.

Pass plus is good because it takes them out on the motorway and delves more into driving through adverse weather conditions.
I will ring a few insurance companies up come the morrow and get their thoughts.
I do understand though that all they may only be concerned with is taking on new business and not advising the Royal bank of Mum and Dad how to save on premiums ?

If any one can advise on type of car engine size or particar model I am all ears.
Mostly insurence companys dont give credit for pass plus course any more

In the same situation with my grand daughter 16 at the moment bought a ka for her to learn in do any companies accept ncb earned on a moped?

Go to a comparison website and put her details in (with both drivers...believe it or not its often cheaper to insure the policyholder and 1 named driver than it is to insure just the policyholder) then change it so she is 25 and see if there is a considerable difference. If there is look to take a short period insurance to get her to 25.

Don't forget to do the comparison between policyholder only and policyholder and 1 named

Heard that a responsible second experianced driver can reduce the premium so thats not the case ?
What car should she be looking for insurance wise.
Is the premium purely group rated ?

She needs 5 doors and a town car.Fiesta corsa kia etc

It is the case. My lads first one was about £400 lower by adding his mum who unlike me didn't have points.

Increasing the excess usually reduces it too.

My lads was about £1400 first year and he was 21.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.