United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not selected for England, and "surprised" - me too, given likes of Livermore, Cork and Joe Gomez in the squad. Reassuring to know he has confidence in himself

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42071986

Manchester United's Chris Smalling was "surprised" by the reason England boss Gareth Southgate gave for leaving him out of his last squad - but says he has not given up hope of a recall.

Southgate suggested an inability to play out from the back had cost central defender Smalling his place.

But the 27-year-old, capped 31 times, believes he has plenty to offer.

"I play for one of the biggest clubs and most successful managers in Jose [Mourinho]," he said.

"You don't play for one of the biggest clubs in the world for as long as I have and won most trophies bar the Champions League without being able to do everything that a top defender can do, be it playing or defending.

"Was I surprised? Yes."

Last edited:
Not selected for England, and "surprised" - me too, given likes of Livermore, Cork and Joe Gomez in the squad. Reassuring to know he has confidence in himself

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42071986

Manchester United's Chris Smalling was "surprised" by the reason England boss Gareth Southgate gave for leaving him out of his last squad - but says he has not given up hope of a recall.

Southgate suggested an inability to play out from the back had cost central defender Smalling his place.

But the 27-year-old, capped 31 times, believes he has plenty to offer.

"I play for one of the biggest clubs and most successful managers in Jose [Mourinho]," he said.

"You don't play for one of the biggest clubs in the world for as long as I have and won most trophies bar the Champions League without being able to do everything that a top defender can do, be it playing or defending.

"Was I surprised? Yes."
His sense of entitlement is beyond belief. What a c**t!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.