Oumar Niasse charged by FA

Problem is that we now have a benchmark, and even on here there is no unity on whether it is the correct decision. I await further decisions with interest and expect very little consistency.

Thought it was a penalty even though he made a meal of it! If you watch it Niasse right knee got took out with the defenders left knee and with the pace of Niasse if put his stride of and then he made a meal out of it.

Does this only apply for a penalty? The worst I've ever seen is Busquets, who goes down all the time to try and get opponents yellow carded, but he's rarely in the penalty area.

The issue I have with this particular case, is that for me it was just a terrible refereeing decision. There are times when a dive can look like a pen in real time and its only when you look back at it from various replays that you realise that the player has conned the ref. It is this type of scenario when I would expect retrospective action. In this case, Niasse has failed miserably to con anyone other than the useless referee. If anyone deserves retrospective punishment, it is the referee for giving an awful decision.

Does this only apply for a penalty? The worst I've ever seen is Busquets, who goes down all the time to try and get opponents yellow carded, but he's rarely in the penalty area.
Penalties or incidents that lead to a player being sent off. They're vague enough on the second that it could be straight reds only, straight reds and second yellows, or straight reds and any yellow leading to a sending off.
Busquets doesn't play in the Premier League so the FA are unlikely to charge him.

Charging him with 'deception of a match official' is wrong in my opinion, there was contact, okay he made a meal of it. It might have been a penalty, it might not have been but it wasn't a dive in my opinion.

The issue I have with this particular case, is that for me it was just a terrible refereeing decision. There are times when a dive can look like a pen in real time and its only when you look back at it from various replays that you realise that the player has conned the ref. It is this type of scenario when I would expect retrospective action. In this case, Niasse has failed miserably to con anyone other than the useless referee. If anyone deserves retrospective punishment, it is the referee for giving an awful decision.
It was Anthony Taylor wasn't it? I'd go a step further and suggest whoever appointed him as a top level referee be retrospectively punished for an awful decision.

I don’t agree with that decision at all as there definite contact on him. Slippery slope this.

Maybe the Alti fan was the sacrificial lamb in order to "prove" the system works?

I wouldn't put it past the PigMOL to set this up on purpose, and for Taylor to deliberately miss the dive even though everyone else in the ground has seen it. That way, they can prove that the system works before unleashing it to screw a team over at a critical point in the season. Who seriously is going to question Taylor making a shite decision when he's prone to the odd howler?

I know that might sound a bit far fetched, but I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.