Bring back early doors...

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
pfazz said:
Worked on the temp power supply to the studios at Granada where it was made even though it was a BBC programme, on the first day there the on site sparky was telling me what they were making and he said he had seen some rehearsal stuff and he thought it was going to be something special, how right was he?

Always thought it was filmed in a real boozer

No it was film in the mill at Granada studios which used to be part of the Granada tour many years ago, the 'Grapes' was a stud wall soundproof studio built indoors. Never got to see any actual filming but got to see some of the cast in the canteen having a brew and reading scripts etc.

I have so many loose connections to this show

Phil Mealy was a mate growing up. He lived on the street round the back from us
All the street names and pubs are all Stockport/Heaton Norris. The Grapes is at the top of Lancashire Hill next to the park. They refer to The Hope (Wellington Road)
One of the coppers is based on a real life bobby who was the best man at my Sister's wedding
The cleaner's name "Winnie" is from a woman who lived directly behind us and on the same street as Phil

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.