Interview with Nolito

Interesting bit in that about how older players might find it particularly hard to adapt to the English game.

Yeah that also stood out for me. You get kids like Sane and Jesus who can take to the league like a duck to water, but maybe when you're 30 and played in Spain all your career, suddenly rocking up in the English top flight is gonna be a challenging transition.

Fernandinho was far from a pup when he joined but I guess if you've played in Ukraine for 7 years then Manchester is positively tropical in comparison!

Very good 'in-depth' interview. I would not mind him staying with us, more than a decent football player and always 100% committed when playing. And don't blame him for comments about Manchester weather, blame Irish Sea!

Really good read. Seems like an honest, fair guy with little ego. He clearly doesn't like the graft that Pep demands from his players and he seems pretty honest about that but still finds time to praise him.

"Had some decent pace"
tenor.gif

It's cold, peeing down and going dark at 2pm here right now (barely got light to be honest) ..... So I can't blame him doing one back to sunnier climes. :D

Will barely warrant a mention when the history of this era is written. Too slow.

Think this is the point Nolito makes. Guardiola, saw that it was a more direct and pacey approach. Unfortunate for Nolito, this was his forte, so saw less game time.

Good luck to the lad. Worked hard for us and comes across really well. I can't see how anyone took the joke about his daughter seriously. I thought it was a cracker.

Same as most occasions, most fans want a player who is a bit of a character/joker, then when they get one, cry about a jokey comment and suggest he isn't "taking it seriously".

A decent player, with very good feet. Just wasn't athletic enough. Can't blame him for not settling, as some are able to. Happens to English lads moving around the UK, never mind, different cultures etc.

The lad did ok now n again — by their posts, there’s a few on here,obviously, too touchy. No complaints from me.

There's one reason Nolito got less and lesss game time before being sold. It's not Pep changing his mind. It's not Nolito being homesick. It's not his daughter losing colour in her face.

It was this man.

MGngRNnbuHoiqTJH4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.