Match Thread | Manchester City vs Feyenoord (21/11/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor formation, too many players out of position, playing at friendly pace, Yaya doing marginally better than the fan on the wing in the friendly in the 90's, centre halfs who are shitting it on the ball effecting Eddie, their keeper looks in awful form but no advantage being taken.

Been a waste of 45 mins should have started the kids. I'm sure it'll pick up but a waste of 45 mins.

Overall its all pretty dire.

Switch of wingers might help. Sterling and Bernado. Their LB has not been threatened on his outside.

Agree.

One thing this game has confirmed once more for me is that the whole inverted wingers just doesn't work in this team.

I think unless you have a Gareth Bale or Arjen Robben it's pointless playing inverted wingers.

I'd rather us play like this with players playing out of position, trying new approaches, and testing out our contingency plans. If there is a game to test the mettle of Danilo, Mangala, B Silva this is the game. Low stakes game bar wanting to top the group but I hope Foden and Diaz gets a lot of minutes regardless the outcome of the match.

Feyenoord should be easy though, lots of injury's and not the best form, i checked the Dutch forums and they were more expecting something between 3-0 and 8-0, depending how much of a B team we would set up.

I'd rather us play like this with players playing out of position, trying new approaches, and testing out our contingency plans. If there is a game to test the mettle of Danilo, Mangala, B Silva this is the game. Low stakes game bar wanting to top the group but I hope Foden and Diaz gets a lot of minutes regardless the outcome of the match.

agree though, result might be less important today so a very good opportunity for a bit of experimenting. I'd think Pep has alternative strategy's in mind that he would like to test anyay but for which getting the opportunity might be difficult.

Is part of the problem that although very good players the likes of Danilo and Silva are lacking match practice and are not upto speed with first team regulars. Do also wonder how much mentally they are focused, knowing that we are through and will probably top the group.

Danilo, Bernardo and Yaya look utterly out of match practise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.