Feyenoord (H) Post-Match Thread

Bernardo needs to play through the middle, he's wasted out wide, but still showed some great touches.

No way Ederson should have been sent off, you sure you're a Blue? ;o)

I thought the first sending off (where Ederson miscontrolled the back pass) and then tackled their forward, it did look like he got the player rather than the ball to be honest, but I haven't seen any replays yet.
The second one, where he came off his line to try and palm away the through ball, it looked like he got their player rather than the ball.
Those were my gut instincts when they happened.

Bernado does show some good touches, but he always seems to want 2-3 touches with twists and turns, which just slows down our attacking down the flanks.

Right, did we lose either game?

Well no, but Wolverhampton plays in the championship and feyenoord in the Eredivisie. I think we would like to use our B team against weaker premier league squads but i wouldn't be too confident in a win then.

We made 895 passes and had nearly 80% possession but some think we were poor.

I tend to look more at chances created on the goal than passes and possesion, as the latter 2 don't mean anything if you don't create enough chances right? I need to see the stats still though, we obviously had chances, feyenoord had a few too.

Made the tackle outside the box after being dispossessed which if you considered it a foul could have ultimately been a red card but I can't remember anything else that could have been construed as one. What was the other time?

The one where he came off his line to palm the ball away from the attacker who was charging onto a high ball from over the top, it looked like he got the player rather than the ball.

Well no, but Wolverhampton plays in the championship and feyenoord in the Eredivisie. I think we would like to use our B team against weaker premier league squads but i wouldn't be too confident in a win then.
Why would we do that? The Premier League is ridiculously hard, compared to other top European leagues, no easy games, is nearly true.

Important to rotate and win. Crucial to get miles in the legs of Yaya, Ilkay and B. Silva-who are all going to be needed during the season. Fabulous to see Foden and Diaz. No injuries. Rest before the rags. Next.

It's great watching us now, we hardly got out of 2nd gear but I never felt we would lose and expected to score. For the first time, i'm thinking that we need Sanchez in January. Too many times a ball is whipped in and nobody is getting on the end of it. Kompany, Delph, Fernandinho Silva Sane and Jesus back in the starting line up Saturday.

I thought the first sending off (where Ederson miscontrolled the back pass) and then tackled their forward, it did look like he got the player rather than the ball to be honest, but I haven't seen any replays yet.
The second one, where he came off his line to try and palm away the through ball, it looked like he got their player rather than the ball.

Bernado does show some good touches, but he always seems to want 2-3 touches with twists and turns, which just slows down our attacking down the flanks.

He just got the ball on both occasions. The first just managed to toe it away without taking the player. The second one their player shit it.

We have set the bar so high that any performance below excellant is going to dissapoint us. That said with the team we put out tonight and ANOTHER win can we really complain about things? 17 STRAIGHT WINS.Im pinching myself.

First one, he got a toe on the ball and the second I think the player kicked the ball against his hand, so neither would merit a card. Very close, though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.